Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LukeSkywalker

Gluten Free Wafer Products?

Hi all, new celiac guy here.

Lately I've been trying out the health craze with more and more exercise and was wondering if any of yall know of a wafer type product gluten-less that tastes good and is also healthy? B)

Ive always been a fan of wafers because they tend not to fill me up as much.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Luke

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What kind of wafer? Like a Wasa cracker, vanilla wafer, cookie wafers... Not sure what you mean.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

What kind of wafer? Like a Wasa cracker, vanilla wafer, cookie wafers... Not sure what you mean.

Well kinda like a a light type wafer like vanilla wafer without the vanilla cream.

Like the ones you get in church lol. Thin and not much substance but trick you into thinking you are eating more than you actually are...

Join eNewsletter

Well kinda like a a light type wafer like vanilla wafer without the vanilla cream.

Like the ones you get in church lol. Thin and not much substance but trick you into thinking you are eating more than you actually are...

Trader Joe's has a rice cracker that is about the size of a quarter. I'm not sure what isle it is in. It definitely is more of a salty cracker rather than a sweet cookie.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

Check out this page, it has some good wafer type cookies

http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalog/cook...=14&sort=4a

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I have yet to find a good vanilla wafer type cookie, but for more of a savory one, I like the Mr. Krispers crackers, I also buy the rice crackers from costco. I don't think they'll trick you into thinking you're eating more than you really are, they're pretty measley (sp?). Health valley rice bran crackers are pretty good with a little peanut butter. Haven't found a wasa bread/cracker substitute.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter