Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bravie

Omg! What Could It Be?!

I've cut out dairy, soy, gluten, everything processed, I have my own pots, pans, knives, cooking utensiles, cutting board, sponges, rags, dish soap, can opener, I changed shampoos, I have my own storage area for dried foods, pots and pans, And I have my own little compartment in the fridge. I still feel bad! I eat nothing but meat and veggies, and I still get gas and a slight rash on my back. It isn't quite as bad as it used to be but...WHY AM I STILL HAVING SYMPTOMS AFTER ALL OF THIS HARD WORK?!

It's like i'm still being glutened by something...What is it? Water?! Could I be getting glutened by the family brita water filter? Gah! Idk...Maybe i'm going crazy... <_<

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've cut out dairy, soy, gluten, everything processed, I have my own pots, pans, knives, cooking utensiles, cutting board, sponges, rags, dish soap, can opener, I changed shampoos, I have my own storage area for dried foods, pots and pans, And I have my own little compartment in the fridge. I still feel bad! I eat nothing but meat and veggies, and I still get gas and a slight rash on my back. It isn't quite as bad as it used to be but...WHY AM I STILL HAVING SYMPTOMS AFTER ALL OF THIS HARD WORK?!

It's like i'm still being glutened by something...What is it? Water?! Could I be getting glutened by the family brita water filter? Gah! Idk...Maybe i'm going crazy... <_<

It really could be you are allergic/sensitive to something(s) else. I had to go on a elimination diet and discovered I had quite a few things I shouldn't eat or shouldn't eat that frequently. For instance I am allergic/sensitive to all nuts plus sesame seeds, alcohol, carrots, tuna, lamb, carob plus probably a few extra things I can't think of right now. Sometimes the reason for this is leaky gut and sometimes its just pure allergies. Look to your family and/or ancestors, is that likely or what?

Another thing it could be is mercury poisoning or some other environmentally toxic exposure. But mostly you should try to pinpoint what it is or isn't.

Other than that maybe it is just taking its bloody time working out of your system. Again taking detox herbs could really help like dandelion or milk thistle etc. etc. plus saunas etc.

Do you get enough exercise, by the way? It too might help...

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

Join eNewsletter

I take a 2 mile walk every couple of days. I have to, since I don't have a car atm. I'm gonna go to the doctors at the beginning of april to see what else is up. I know that too much salt can screw up my skin, so i eat little to none. I'm really skinny, always have been, but i've gained weight in the past couple of months, like 5 lbs or so.

My boyfriend thinks it's cuz i'm living in this house xD hehehehe That could be part of the problem :P

Join eNewsletter

What detergent and fabric softener do you use? The rash may be linked to that. I have problems with rashes on my head and body when I use a lot of different products. I have learned the hard way to stick with Arm and Hammer dye free scent free detergent and fabric softner. Don't know if this is for sure the issue with you but thought it was worth mentioning.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

What detergent and fabric softener do you use? The rash may be linked to that. I have problems with rashes on my head and body when I use a lot of different products. I have learned the hard way to stick with Arm and Hammer dye free scent free detergent and fabric softner. Don't know if this is for sure the issue with you but thought it was worth mentioning.

[/quote

That's a good tack. I too have problems with most detergents and even die in some clothing. Kind of forgot about it however. One has one's habits and after a while you don't even think about it. I use alternative less toxic scent free detergent from Trader Joe's in the green and white box... Several people in my family myself included can get rashes from strong detergents or soaps.

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

Join eNewsletter

Yea, I think this rash has something to do with the detergent. The family uses ALL brand...My mom refuses to change it...So i'm gonna have to wait till I get out of here in less than 2 months. My boyfriend is extremely familiar and even follows a gluten/casein/soy free diet, just to maintain his diabetes and general health. I told him about the soap, detergent etc. I just can't wait to get out. I'm sick and tired of hearing my mom tell me that Celiac disease is some kind of curse when in reality it actually isn't hehe :rolleyes:

(My mom is an extreme religious fanatic who thinks that I was cursed by the devil with Celiac disease and that its my fault! hahahaha :lol: )

Join eNewsletter

Yea, I think this rash has something to do with the detergent. The family uses ALL brand...My mom refuses to change it...So i'm gonna have to wait till I get out of here in less than 2 months. My boyfriend is extremely familiar and even follows a gluten/casein/soy free diet, just to maintain his diabetes and general health. I told him about the soap, detergent etc. I just can't wait to get out. I'm sick and tired of hearing my mom tell me that Celiac disease is some kind of curse when in reality it actually isn't hehe :rolleyes:

(My mom is an extreme religious fanatic who thinks that I was cursed by the devil with Celiac disease and that its my fault! hahahaha :lol: )

Just do your laundry yourself with your own detergent till you get your own place. Mom will be glad to have one less chore to do. You may soon be hearing from her how at least one good thing came out of it, you learned to do laundry. :)

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

Join eNewsletter

Bravie,

Keep a food log- it could help you pinpoint other problems. It seems like a big pain in the u-know-what but it's really second nature once you get used to it and it can really help figure things out. I've kept one for going on three years now and it has been indispensible.

I hope you feel better very soon! You will.

lisa

Join eNewsletter

Checking the laundry soap is a good line of thinking.

Check the fabric labels too!

I happen to be allergic to alpaca. Anything that had been washed with it was causing a reaction. (sneezing, watery eyes, itching, etc.) I even had a reaction to an alpaca sweater that had just been shipped to my house, still double wrapped in sealed plastic bags.

Keeping a food journal will help find other sensitivities.

I don't know how long you've been gluten free, but your gut needs to heal.

Michigan

Join eNewsletter

After reading your other post, do you think your mom could be sabotaging you? She seems quite mentally unstable and maybe she's testing you (for whatever reason, maybe god told her to)by contaminating your food. I hate to say it, but she seems pretty loony.

"...I tried to explain to the waiter that I could not have anything with flour so he took the flower off the table..."

Live your life each day

greet the tides my friend

we're all nomads; forever on our way

a journey to the end.

Join eNewsletter

i also have problems with DH rash. remember that stamps and envelope glue are no nos. I also have new dishwasher safe potholders if yours are cloth from your pre-celiac era they could be the culprit. I also have a gluten eating family and disinfect remote controls and telephone handsets regularly. the rash if it is DH could take 6 mos to a yr to dissapear it gets better so hang in there

Self dx celiac disease

Gluten free since July 2007

Clinical dx celiac disease November 2007

Self-dx Lyme disease May 2008

Lyme confirmed positive Western Blot May 2008

Join eNewsletter

After reading your other post, do you think your mom could be sabotaging you? She seems quite mentally unstable and maybe she's testing you (for whatever reason, maybe god told her to)by contaminating your food. I hate to say it, but she seems pretty loony.

I also agree that this is a strong possibility. Hopefully the time left in the situation will be brief.

Gene Test Aug 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter