Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jnclelland

Restaurants In Palo Alto, Ca?

I'm going to be in Palo Alto for a workshop all next week; can anyone recommend safe restaurants? I'll be staying at the Creekside Inn at 3400 El Camino Real, and the workshop is a short walk from there. I won't have a car, so anything within walking distance would be ideal. Thanks much!

Jeanne

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

More particularly, does anyone have experience with the Hunan Garden in Palo Alto? I'm supposed to attend a conference banquet there one night. I called them and they said they could make wheat-free meals, no problem, but I'm slightly paranoid about whether their English was good enough to really understand what I was asking.

Jeanne

Join eNewsletter

More particularly, does anyone have experience with the Hunan Garden in Palo Alto? I'm supposed to attend a conference banquet there one night. I called them and they said they could make wheat-free meals, no problem, but I'm slightly paranoid about whether their English was good enough to really understand what I was asking.

Jeanne

Jeanne,

Did you have a good trip? I'm heading that way next week and am curious how things went for you.

/san/

Join eNewsletter

Jeanne,

Did you have a good trip? I'm heading that way next week and am curious how things went for you.

/san/

I did, thanks! I had really good experiences at the Fish Market on El Camino Real; the servers there seemed to have a clue and checked ingredients on various things for me. (I ended up eating there a lot!) The Chinese restaurant turned out fine, too.

I hope you have a good trip!

Jeanne

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter