Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey all. Quick questions. Is Kraft smooth PB gluten free? I heard licorice often contains gluten, anyone know if that's true? It's hidden everywhere! and the only way I know if i've eaten random hidden gluten is I bloat up 4-5 inches, then am searching to find what i ate!!! fun fun. thanks for any responses i get. :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I believe that all Kraft peanut butter is gluten-free. The regular smooth certainly is; it is what we use.

Kraft is a company that has a policy of always clearly disclosing any gluten in the ingredient list. Read the ingredients, and if you don't see wheat, barley, rye or oats mentioned by name, then the product does not contain gluten.

I have never found a licorice that did not have gluten in it. It is the binder that holds it together.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Kraft does not use the term "malt" in their ingredients without specifying the source. If is is barley it will say so. Maltodextrin, when listed as that single word, is from corn. If it is from another source, then by law that source must be specifically named.

With Kraft, as well as a large number of other food companies, their policy is to identify ingredients using the clear words barley, wheat, oats and/or rye. If none of those words appear, then you don't have to worry about hidden gluten in things like "modified food starch," "maltodextrin," "natural flavor" and other potentially ambiguous terms.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter