Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angielackner

gluten-free Egg Rolls?

ok...so i've really really been wanting egg rolls, but i just dont have the energy to make them myself right now (i'm 3 1/2 months pregnant, and have no spare energy at all!)...are there ANY gluten-free manufactured egg rolls out there? i've tried googling, but i only get recipes....sigh...maybe i'm just out of luck.

thanks,

angie

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ooooooooh, that's one of the things I really miss! We used to go out for Chinese buffet.....but no more! :( I'd be really interested in this too, or any other Chinese dishes that might be gluten-free. Thanks!!! :D

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa

Join eNewsletter

This might be a dead thread, but in case it is not - I've found that our local generic Chinese take-away has Spring rolls, which are delish - and are made with tapioca wrappers, not the wheat skins that Egg rolls are made of.

Good luck! You may also find Thai-style wraps (made from tapioca starch) that are used to contain fresh veg may work - have not tried to fry them at home, but it's a start.

Join eNewsletter

All I've been able to do is to purchase gluten-free egg roll wraps and make my own.

And no, they are nothing like what I used to enjoy from Chinese restaurants...

Michael J. MacCartney

gluten-free 2005-June-24 Dairy free 2005-July-26

gluten / casein intolerant

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

Diagnosed Celiac 2006-April-24

Father of:

Michael II HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6) - Allergic to Peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and milk

William HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5) - Allergy free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter