Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silk

Glutinous Rice Wine Vinegar

I recently purchased a bottle of rice wine vinegar thinking that it would be safe because it is vinegar made from rice. However, after reading the label (duh! Should have done that before I got to the checkout!) I see that the vinegar is made from glutenous rice. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem or not. Can't seem to find any info on the web about it. Thanks for your help.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I recently purchased a bottle of rice wine vinegar thinking that it would be safe because it is vinegar made from rice. However, after reading the label (duh! Should have done that before I got to the checkout!) I see that the vinegar is made from glutenous rice. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem or not. Can't seem to find any info on the web about it. Thanks for your help.

Just to add to the never ending confusion in the life of a Celiac. Glutenous rice is gluten free and in turn the vinegar is gluten free. Glutenous rice is called that because it's sticky.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Just to add to the never ending confusion in the life of a Celiac. Glutenous rice is gluten free and in turn the vinegar is gluten free. Glutenous rice is called that because it's sticky.

Thought as much but wanted to be sure. Thanks so much for your help.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter