Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sherie

gluten-free Food List?

I was wondering if there are any good lists of basic things that are gluten-free. Stuff like snacks (I have the candy list), drinks, sauces, and other items. I sure would appreciate it. I am going nuts trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat. I'm not so good at reading ingredient lists. Does anyone know if Luna bars and GNC vitamins are gluten-free? Thanks!

Sheri

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was wondering if there are any good lists of basic things that are gluten-free. Stuff like snacks (I have the candy list), drinks, sauces, and other items. I sure would appreciate it. I am going nuts trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat. I'm not so good at reading ingredient lists. Does anyone know if Luna bars and GNC vitamins are gluten-free? Thanks!

Sheri

I have a list that is about 6 pages long that I have compiled over the last year. If you pm me I will be glad to send it to you.

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Sheri

Hi sherie,

Here's a few sites to help you out. They give menu ideas, so you know what "basics" to shop for. I did get GNC women's vitimans last month, but had to stop taking them as they contain "barley grass" listed in the extra ingredient sections. Not sure on the Luna bars, sorry.

the first link is tips of eating gluten-free , tons of tips for making things yourself, as well as some more ideas on what to have for meals, with basic recipes to support them.

http://www.eatingglutenfree.com/gluten_free_tips/

The 2nd link has sections of it, that can be printed off, (copy & Paste to a wordpad) when you need some back up support to help explain why we need to do the things we do, to help us remain gluten-free . aka the stuff they all look at us like we are 'wacko" :wacko:

It also has a ton of menu ideas with name brands to search for.

http://www.venturaceliac.org/glutenfree-basics.htm

Hope it helps.

44 yr old mom, SAHM (stay at home; aka a Retro Mama :D , 2 special needs kids dd 15yrs ds 4 yrs

Follows Compassion Rules "Treat others; they way you wish to be treated"

blood test negative: celiac However, doctor felt other factors in blood works warranted trying the gluten-free diet

April 7/08 Doctor confirms gluten intolerance/ remain gluten-free for 2 more months; and repeat tests

Gluten free since March 4/2008 (other than accidently, or unknown gluten used--- its a learning process, Gluten is everywhere!)

"People are like stained-glassed windows. Best viewed in the light!" unknown author

"I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, and the hairspray I use" :)