Bucsfan11

Question About gluten-free Beer!

Rate this topic

Hey all, I just was wondering if anyone on here has had problems with gluten free beer. And by problems I mean do they get sick(diarrhea, stomach problems, etc.)? I was diagnosed over a year ago and have been living a gluten free lifesyle ever since and I have been feeling great! but it seems like everytime I drink my symptoms come back, even tho it is gluten free. The beers I have had are Bard's Tale and Red Bridge. I get sick even tho I only drink two or three beers. So I was just wondering if anyone else has had any of these problems. Thanks for the contined support everyone.

I find that Red Bridge gives me a headache and makes me feel really bloated. I mean, most beers did that anyway, but it feels like it just stays in my stomach for hours and hours, just sitting there. I really loved beer before I had to go gluten-free, and I like Red Bridge, but it's almost like before I can get half way through it, I feel drunk. So, add that to the list of things I don't consume anymore. :(

I find that since I've been gluten free alcohol and I do not agree like we used to. I feel drunk after only 1 or two drinks, and if I go beyond that I'm puking, sometimes I wont keep anything down for 12 hours if I have too much. If I drink anything now its b/c I still want to be social. I get one drink and sip it slowly. Wine really is the only apealing thing to me anymore, but still gets me dizzy and dried out aven after one :( I tried redbridge, but I think the pack I got was expired, it tasted reallly old!

I think missing beer has been the hardest thing for me, especially with the weather getting nice here in NY. I personally have not had an issue with gluten-free beer. Your problem may have something to do with the specific food you're eating. If you don't have many carbs in your system then there isn't much to absorb the alchohol other then your body so you get drunk faster.

A tip for drinking Redbridge, add a slice of lemon. It take the bitter aftertase away and is much more enjoyable, to me anyway.

Hello,

I don't get sick but do feel bloated and gassy from bardstale, redbridge, and after two strongbow's (hard apple cider). I thought it was the carbonation but I can drink a couple of rum and cokes with no problems so its something else? I too miss beer especially Miller Lite at the baseball games!

I was one heck of a beer lover. (bud) After starting my gluten-free diet I really missed my beer. I called around and found a place that sold redbridge. Halfway through my first one I already felt the alcohol hit me. :) I drank quite a few, and I had no problems at all with it. Have you looked into making your own gluten-free beer?

As someone who enjoyed very dark beer before my gluten-free days, I cannot say that I am fond of the idea or the taste of gluten-free beer.

I'll take a whiskey sour, thank you.