Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LovelyLisa

Raviollis? Misspelling I'm Sure But........

I absoluely positively suprcalifragilisticexpialidocious heart love raviolies. ( I can't spell them though :) I was devasted when I found out about the celiac disease thing because I'm an all-time pizza/pasta girl.What should I do? Do you know where you can find ravioles? If you do, thanks to the 100th power and I'll give you a smiley face :) I did find this one place but they were really expensive. Are there any affordable ones?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've not seen any affordable ones, at least, not yet, but I'm sure things will keep improving. Hey, if you can come up with a successful recipe and a plant to produce frozen ones, you will be a millionaire!

In the meantime, you can make do with past recipes that have the same ingredients as ravioli: rice pasta shells, tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese, parmesan, etc.

Conte's is the best --- they also have pierogi & much more.....

Well worth the price unless you have all day to make them!!!.

mamaw

I order them from Contes......I live in California and I believe they are in NJ...they send them next day. It is somewhat costly but I order a bunch at a time an freeze them...mine last frozen very well. Their number is 856-697-3400. My kids like them better than any other and they are not Celiac.

Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna

I 3rd Conte's. I just came back from the store about an hour ago where I bought more of their ravioli, pierogies and gnocchi.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Contes is the BEST! I only went once, but well worth it and not horribly pricey!

Here is a list of what they have gluten free:

Cheese Ravioli

Spinach & Cheese Ravioli

Chicken & Broccoli Rabe Ravioli

Cheese Stuffed Shells

Potato/Cheese/Onion Pierogies

Potato/Onion Pierogies

Gnocchi

I have tried the cheese stuffed shells and the potato onion pierogies. The stuffed shells were the BEST and it came in a microwaveable container so it was done in minutes. Great meal!

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

I missed ravioli too, but when I saw the $11 price tag for 8 ravioli (don't remember the brand) I decided homemade lasagna would satisfy just as well. Yes, I'm gluten-free and cheap.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....