Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msmini14

Still Sick

Well, I consumed something, I have no idea. For more than 2 weeks now I have been sick with D, I dont know what to do anymore. This is so frustrating, I cant stand it. My body wont heal! I have been eating the basics, chicken, turky, vegis, almonds and rice chex. I did have Mrs mays but that never messed with me until today, I had a little bite and then my lunch passed. Should I see the doc again? If so what tests can he do? Should I test for more allergies? My doctor is stupid and just likes to rip me off, so I need to try and gather as much info as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wish I had something to offer other than....Im sorry you arent well. I hope it passes soon.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Early on in the diet I got something at a resaurant and they messed up my order and I got CC or a full gluten version. Was sick for three weeks. I was miserable. As for the Mrs. Mays, sometimes when our intestines are already messed up from something else they are really sensitive to dairy, nuts, seeds and other things that are harder to digest. You may just have to stick with a gentler diet until you get better.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I am so sorry you are not feeling well :( The only thing I can offer is my experience. After being dx it took over 6 months for me to notice a difference on the diet. My endoscopy revealed severe damage. I think because of that it took a very long time for me to feel better. To this day if I glutened due to cc I am sick for about a month. I know many people on this board have an easier time than me. In time you will figure out what is "normal" for your body. For now keep on the the diet and in time you will feel better :)

Hez

Well, I consumed something, I have no idea. For more than 2 weeks now I have been sick with D, I dont know what to do anymore. I have been eating the basics, chicken, turky, vegis, almonds and rice chex.

I had D that lasted for a week once (before I was gluten-free, so had no clue...)

I got to the point where even water went straight through my entire gut :(

I was low on potassium - you can do a make-it-yourself pedialyte with water, regular (table) salt and fake salt (check the label, you want the kind that is pretty high in potassium), plus sugar or honey. I think the way this works is that the salt helps your cells want water, the potassium helps them get it, the sugar helps them keep it. Internet may have the recipe, I vaguely recall 1c water, 1/4t salt, 1/4t fake salt, 2t honey or so. You can start with 1/4c hot water and the 'mix ins' to melt them, then top off with cool water. Room temp liquid is easiest for your system to deal with.

cruise the forum for other suggestions, papaya tablets can help.

I agree with missy'smom, avoid nuts, seeds and dairy until your gut settles down. Try cooking some plain rice as well. You may want to blanch (boil briefly, like 30 seconds, then plunge into ice water) your veggies instead of eating them raw. Are you certain that you tolerate both chicken and turkey? Some quite small % of people do not tolerate one or the other, might want to check your food diary or experiment with elimination diet to see if there is a difference.

Any change of medication or vitamins lately? I don't recommend this unless you know you are sensitive, but I skip vitamins when getting over D, sometimes they can irritate my system when I'm weak.

Good luck, may you feel better and more gut-stable soon!

gluten-free (except unintentionally) from 7 Dec 2007

3 gluten-free cousins and counting (1 gold standard, 1 pos blood/no endo, 1 self/dietary diagnosed)

suspect mother was celiac (also, cousin suspects my mother's twin is celiac)

Feb 08 testing 'normal range' for gluten antibodies, IBD and food allergies

Staying off gluten - dietary reaction is compelling for me!

"Hi, I'm the gluten-free diner at your table."

Lots of great advise already.

Two weeks is still very early. It takes some time to heal. Any type of food can create ill effects if your insides are not happy.

It took me several months before I knew the difference between having an unhealed gut and a gluten reaction. It would be wise to lay off the dairy for several weeks.

In the mean time revisit your diet, shampoo, toothpaste, lipsticks, meds and vitamins. Make sure there is no hidden gluten.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thanks all, I really appreciate it. I noticed these problems after I stopped eating grits in exchange for hb eggs ( I looked in my food diary). It must be the eggs and I never had a problem with them before. Most of the time if I consume something that doesnt agree it takes about a week to recover, I am going on 3 weeks next Wednesday. I am not eating nuts anymore. I always steam my vegis and poach my chicken. Thanks again all! :)

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.