Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerseygrl

Woohoo -- Look What My Alma Mater Is Doing !

Hi All,

I'm new to this particular forum, but I figured this need to be posted under "Research".

This is pretty exciting !

http://www.wsu.edu/spotlight/nih-grant/index.html

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

2nd daughter born in 2000

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Never complained of stomach ache

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Mine too, GO COUGS!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

GO COUGS, indeed!

You know, if this research pans out, I can see a new Coug commercial before the games where someone inquires about a great gluten free grain

that has been developed -- someone then mentions that is was developed at Washington State University..... then the inquirer says,

Ah, GO COUGS!"

(I apologize, those of you who aren't from WAZZU probably won't get it... it's a Coug thing ;)

BTW, celiac-mommy, I'm originally from Richland, now in NJ. Where are you from?

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

GO COUGS, indeed!

You know, if this research pans out, I can see a new Coug commercial before the games where someone inquires about a great gluten free grain

that has been developed -- someone then mentions that is was developed at Washington State University..... then the inquirer says,

Ah, GO COUGS!"

(I apologize, those of you who aren't from WAZZU probably won't get it... it's a Coug thing ;)

What's a COUG doing in Jersey?

I'm a Husky (sorry) but am also saying GO COUGS on this. (My brother is a COUG, does that help?)

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

dratted cougs. they're everywhere.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Laura, what's a Coug doing in NJ, you ask? Well, I spend 1/2 my life in WA (it will always be home)

1/2 in Southern Cal (surrounded by thee o so humble Trojans, ugh!) and now

Jersey. Hubs got an offer here he couldn't refuse, heh heh. Actually I love it here.

We live in northern NJ. There is a road near our house that always reminds me of

Okanogan *sighI* And only 45 minutes from NYC.

It's okay if you're a Husky. I never kick a dawg when he's down (sorry, couldn't help myself, *giggle*)

But a least you have a Coug in the family.

That's right, Jestgar. Just when you least expect it, you'll find us. :D

GO COUGS, indeed!

I'm originally from Toledo WA. I was quite a disappointment (in jest only) to my family, they're all Huskies. My cousin played football there-UW-so they had the rest of my life planned out in Seattle, with a football player... I instead met a Coug loving, business/finance majoring, frat partying, WSU only man and married him 2 years later (our 10th anniverary is Aug 1!). It all worked out the way it was supposed to, and now I'm through and through a COUG!!!!! Sorry dawg lovers :D

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Very exciting study.

I am neither but I live in Wa. does that count for anything? My daughter plans on being one of them, I just don't know which yet (she is only 16 we have a few years to decide).

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free