This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dont Trust Anyone

msmini14

msmini14 Enthusiast

I have posted before that I have been sick for over a month and a half. Well, on 6/27 I decided I had enough with my roomate. I had this feeling she had been tampering with my food. And all she did was play head games, I never knew what kind of mood she was in, etc. Anyway, I moved, no notice nothing, I was sick of being sick and couldnt trust anyone. Well, my body has been healing and I am normal again! One week away from that crazy woman and I am doing so much better. No more D! Yay it is so nice to have a normal bowel movent =) So, always trust your instincts!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

munkee41182 Explorer

That's just so wrong (on her part). I'm glad you're feeling better. HOpefully you around someone more sane now. :ph34r:

ShayFL Enthusiast

What an awful thing! I had a roommate from hell once too....decided I would rather live in a rat hole (if it was all I could afford) than risk another roomie.

Hope you are in a safe place now.

Ursa Major Collaborator

How awful, she must have purposely glutened you! I am glad you are starting to feel better. Good for you to pack up and leave.

msmini14 Enthusiast

I know she was glutening me, she is lucky I never caught her red handed. Yup I packed up and left in less than 12 hours, I was done. Always lies and games, I couldnt stand it anymore. I was afraid to leave my food in the fridge fearing that she was tampering with it. She knew how much it made me sick and when she saw me running to the bathroom she would always say, not feeling good? I knew she was doing this and again she is very lucky I never caught her.

I found an older woman to rent with and she understands my allergy and actually wants to go on the gluten-free diet. She has a lot of questions and she also wont let anyone else have kitchen privs =) Right now I am at my moms house and she is already noticing how much better I feel

munkee41182 Explorer

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with people? Why do people get such joy out of seeing someone hurt or sick! I want to kick people like your old roommie. :angry: Grrrrrrrrrrr

kschauer Rookie

I cannot believe someone did that you on purpose! :angry: So glad you got out of there!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

YoloGx Rookie

I hear you. I have had to drop getting back with my ex boyfriend for the same reason. He thinks its all in my head. He drinks whiskey and says he brushes his teeth but doesn't always. I just am getting over being ill from CC due to having kissed him. Its now two days downtime as a result. Basically ruined my 4th of July weekend. Migraine, gum boils, achey neck and joints. Reminds me of the old vampire myths...No more Greggie! Fortunately I didn't move in with him or eat anything except what I brought and prepared; just stayed overnight and kissed the beastie.

Bea

jerseyangel Proficient

What an unspeakable thing to do! Gosh--I want to slap her for you...

I'm so glad you followed your instincts and got out of there. :)

cruelshoes Enthusiast

What goes around comes around. I have a sneaking suspicion the universe has a way with catching up with people like this. I'm glad you are rid of her. You know that expression about when you break up with someone? Looking good is the best revenge. In your case, it's feeling good that's the best revenge. ;)

msmini14 Enthusiast

The woman was very jealous of the relationship I had with her Mom. And I should have known better, but I didnt have any problems let alone know I had Celiac when I moved in with her. Yup and you are all correct, what goes around, comes around. Some people just dont understand that you should always treat others how you want to be treated. I too could slap her now that I am getting better and my suspicions were correct.

Archived