Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmducote

What About Alchols? Are All Bad? What About Alchol In Paints

I am sooooooo confused! Are all alchols even isobrobl alcohol bad> are they all made from wheats? My hubby painted our kitchen and broke out real bad. I am wondering, from what i read, that the ethyelene glycol is an alchol in pure form. its in the paint. is this kind bad? I know hand sanitizers make him break out and i guess the alchol. any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sooooooo confused! Are all alchols even isobrobl alcohol bad> are they all made from wheats? My hubby painted our kitchen and broke out real bad. I am wondering, from what i read, that the ethyelene glycol is an alchol in pure form. its in the paint. is this kind bad? I know hand sanitizers make him break out and i guess the alchol. any thoughts?

Unless he has any cuts the alcohol will not make any difference, regardless of source.

Breathing in the fumes (at normal room temperatures and pressure) can't transmit any residual gluten

Ethylene glycol is not an alcohol but a glyceride commonly used as antifreeze.

If your husband has a reaction to handwipes I presume you mean dermatological. This indicates another allergy but nothing 'directly' related to celiac or gluten.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)