Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


Join eNewsletter


Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):



Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmcbride4291

Very Important, Please Read!

Recommended Posts

It has been some time since I posted a meesaage here. I have been very sick. I still am but not as bad as I was. I went down like a brick and so my family followed. Through research I went gluten free and recoverred a lot but not totally. It turns out we had a severe mold problem. Stachybotry's. This is one of the most toxic molds.

We lost everything, even our cat died from it. The reason for this post is that through research I discovered that mold toxins contain very powerful "Protein Synthesizing Inhibitors". Bascically you will have a problem processing protein. Gluten as we all know is a protein that many researchers are stating that no one should consume or at best is a protein that is hard to process. When you mix mold with gluten it is an explosion. Just like with Gluten, mold can cause skin problems, hair loss, teeth and bone problems, sleep problems, fatigue, constipation & diarrea. It can also cause many digestive problems, vision, fibromyalgia, leaky gut, etc. It also compromises and can destroy your immune system. There is a lot more. Sounds very familiar! If , dependending on you DNA, you are having problems with gluten and you stop and still have some problems, take a serious look in your houes for mold. In fact as research has shown, bacteria increases the symtoms that gluten causes. So, it is possibble that your symtoms have become so severe due to a mold problem. Many times in this forum, I have seen people still stating not getting well even though gluten free. I tell you that this is a very good area to look.

We rented a home a were trapped with no money to escape. The landlord did nothing and the town and all the sates agencies were powerless to do anything. Recently the Asbury Park Press did a story on my families plight. They also reported that I have begun work with the legislature getting laws passed to prevent others from getting hurt like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


How awful.....I hope you continue to heal. And good for you helping others.


GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your post and I'm glad you got to the root of your health problems.

I know of many people with a similar story. Toxic mold is harmful for everyone however, some people are more susceptible due to genetics.

The immune system can become severley compromised (as you mentioned) and this increases the risk of infection. Lyme, candida, viruses, etc....they all become more of an issue once the immune system is overwhelmed by chronic exposure to mold. Also, heavy metals (mercury, cadmium, lead, etc) also tend to accumulate because detoxification is usually impaired when a persons body is not able to handle the mold toxins.

Some people are not able to detox the molds....they continue to build up/circulate...its a heavy burden on the immune system.

Food intolerances are a very common symptom of mold toxicity....or any type of "toxic" illness which puts a heavy burden on the immune system and detoxification pathways.

Has your Dr. put you on any type of binder to "mop up" the mold toxins? There are a couple which are good for people dealing with this. It basically helps the body to eliminate these toxins.


Rachel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add some good ole STRESS to the mix.

:rolleyes:

Living out here in the rainy city I have come across some nasty stuff in my lifetime. It's amazing how deep that stuff can seep into drywall and between floorboards!

Be well and hope you all heal very soon

xxx


Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting this. You're right, it's very important for all to know.

I'm awfully sorry you've had to endure such a nightmare, and hope things rapidly and permanently improve for you. I really admire that you are using your experience to help others, too!

Can you recommend some web sites to learn more about mold and how to recognize its nasty presence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I have posted before, I have a customer who is extremely sensitive to molds. After (I think) 2 years on disability she tried to go back to work 3 different times and didn't last a full day in any of them because of mold in the buildings that others were neither aware of nor sensitive to. :blink:

She gave me a couple of web sites for more info.

http://www.biotoxin.info/

and

http://www.chronicneurotoxins.com/

Hope these help! :)


Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As I have posted before, I have a customer who is extremely sensitive to molds. After (I think) 2 years on disability she tried to go back to work 3 different times and didn't last a full day in any of them because of mold in the buildings that others were neither aware of nor sensitive to. :blink:

She gave me a couple of web sites for more info.

http://www.biotoxin.info/

and

http://www.chronicneurotoxins.com/

Hope these help! :)

It's too late to edit this post so I just need to add to it. :blink: If you read some of the info on those two sites, you will recognize a lot of symptoms that are common to people on this forum. Many of these symptoms seem to be the ones that just don't go away.

If you have symptoms that won't go away, even with the gluten free diet, look into this mold situation. It could be either in your homes or in your work place.

Just as many have finally found relief after dealing with parasites or Lyme, perhaps some of you can finally start to get better after dealing with a mold problem. It certainly can't hurt to look into it!


Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites