Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiacgirl08

Hotdogs

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A lot of the main stream hot dogs are gluten free including Oscar Meyer. All of Boar's Head meats (including hot dogs) and cheeses are gluten free. Nathan hot dogs are NOT gluten free.

Bacon, all you have to do is look for "wheat" on the ingredients listing. Barley, malt and rye would not be an issue in bacon. I buy Smithfield and Oscar Meyer bacon.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

If I remember right, Hebrew National hot dogs are. Coleman's all-natural uncured and Welshire Farms uncured hotdogs are gluten-free. You can call the 800 numbers on the packages and ask if they are gluten-free or go to the websites. Look under Contact Us of FAQ's. You can e-mail the companies if the info. is not available on the websites. Most are very helpful. It's best to check for yourself as things can change from time to time.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter