Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Having Problems Getting Test Results From York Lab

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I found York customer service to be very good, our test results took very long too, but we eventually received them. We did it during the end of the Summer and the Florida hurricanes held it up. York accepts emails, so if you want to contact them that way, they'll respond. I've had questions after the test and contacted them via email and they got back to me within the week.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

I too suffered a prolonged delay with some implausible excluse. The receptionist was sympathetic, but unable to actually help. I suspect the wait is on the other end (England). I think the US "branch" give a too optimistic estimate of turn around. Regarding answers to questions... I found them sloppy in their monitoring of email and "John" was hard to get ahold of after the sale.

John the director at York Labs (Hollywood, FL location) promised me I would have my results no later than 3/17 and he came through. The 2 page lab results were emailed to me, with the rest of the package being shipped first class.

(I am severely reactive to 14 different food items including corn, soy, dairy, eggs, etc. plus another 4 items were shown to be moderately reactive and I should rotate them. No wonder I've been so sick.)

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't understand them then maybe someone here would be able to help

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Archived