Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

BrainStorm_wow

Is There An Affordable Protein Powder, That Is Free From Gluten, Msg, Aspartate, Artifical Flavor/sweetners?

Rate this topic

Gosh I didn't even know they made hemp protein. Is it really expensive?

Matt,

Please be aware of Designer Whey. Their products are mass produced and sold cheaply for a reason. The protein synthesis process they use ruins the protein so much, all your really left with is a high amount of sodium. I too used to drink DW and then did research online on how protein powders are created. Be aware that when a company sells something for real cheap ALL the time, there is a reason. Notice how the powder stays chunky, that's the cheapest protein out there on the market.

Being a gluten-free triathlete, I have used all the powders before and after I was diagnosed Celiac. Now the best protein powder I have taken comes from my holisitic health doctor. He doesn't make it, he buys it from the manufacturer. When I have the name I will post it here.

Take care,

John

GlutenFreeTriathlete.com

Hi John,

Any word on the name of the protein powder you recommended?

Thanks

On 1/19/2009 at 7:48 PM, BrainStorm_wow said:

I heard I should keep away from aspartate and I heard it is toxic in the same way gluten is. After all aspartame is 40% aspartate. I have yet to find an affordable protein powder, that doesnt have something bad in it. I need to bulk back up, I have almost lost hope. Can anyone help me? I have lost muscle and I'd really like to bulk up.

i just read my BODY FORTRESS vanalla whey protein powder and it says GLUTEN FREE on the jug--SO GLAD

45 minutes ago, belinda alexander said:

i just read my BODY FORTRESS vanalla whey protein powder and it says GLUTEN FREE on the jug--SO GLAD

You responded to a post that is from 2009, Side thought many celiacs react badly to dairy based foods and products. Other thoughts you can find pure proteins, non dairy, hypoallergenic, gluten free, etc much easier now days.

I personally use NutraKey V-Pro, MRM Veggie Elite, Naked Pea, Nutrbiotic Rice, Jarrow Hemp, Organ Seed Company Pumpkin, MRM Sancha Inchi, Growing Naturals Pea. Those are the least expensive blends and pure proteins that are dairy, and gluten free.