Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexi

I Need Your Help

I was hoping someone could help me with gluten free medicines. On Friday I got extremely sick, and I have got some crazy issues going on. First of all, as I mentioned before, I have untreated Candida. I tried the generic for Diflucan, but I was too sick to keep taking it. I just went off my pain medicine (tramadol) that I have been taking for about 3 months (cold turkey), and I have some terrible flu bug. I have this Terrible Pounding Headache that I have had for 8 days straight, and I have flu like symptoms). I went to a walk in doctor yesterday because I couldn't take it anymore. I am so frustraated though because every Doctor and Pharmacy do not have any idea whatsoever what medicines are gluten free. How can this be?? However, I was so sick that I have just been taking what they gave me. I am on Zgesic, and it is finally taking me headache away, but it is making me feel really sick, and causing me to run to the bathroom a lot! I am also taking Azithromycin for 6 days. Does anyone know if these medicines are gluten free???? THANKS!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Zgesic does not list any gluten in its formulation. But any pharmacist who is willing to get off his **** can check and tell you whether there is any gluten in a medication. :angry:

Edit: Just checked azithromycin and it is gluten free.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I am not sure if you have this?... in your country?

But in Australia we have herron paracetamol

they cure headaches, period pain, sinus headaches,neralgic conditions,arthritic pain, muscular achesm rheumatics,helps reduce fever, migraine headaches,sore throats, osteoarthritis, toothaches, relieves cold and flu symptoms,

they are suitable for asthmatics,who are sensative to asprin,or other non steriod anti inflamatory drugs, Can be used by nursing mothers, and during pregnancy.

They are free from yeast, dairy products,lactose, gluten, wheat, soy or preservatives

Asprin free and kind to stomachs

maybe you can get them there?

they have a web site

www.herron.com.au

their email is

customerserviceherron.com.au

and phone number for customer service is 1300659646

I use these when I get the dreaded gluten headhead, which I have got at the moment from some gluten free cake I had.

I find these herron tablets to be very very good..... especially for headaches and I don't get a reaction for using them...