This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cold Stone Creamery

GeordieLass

GeordieLass Newbie

...Has anyone tried eating here? They have an allergen information list here: Open Original Shared Link but elsewhere on the site it says: "Although we take precautions by cleaning the mixing stone often, we cannot guarantee that residual products containing gluten will not accidentally be mixed into your ice cream." Someone has recommended going there (a non-celiac) but I'm not sure about trying it - I've not had icecream out anywhere in 2 years, I guess I'm scared. Any experiences?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

msmini14 Enthusiast
...Has anyone tried eating here? They have an allergen information list here: Open Original Shared Link but elsewhere on the site it says: "Although we take precautions by cleaning the mixing stone often, we cannot guarantee that residual products containing gluten will not accidentally be mixed into your ice cream." Someone has recommended going there (a non-celiac) but I'm not sure about trying it - I've not had icecream out anywhere in 2 years, I guess I'm scared. Any experiences?

I love Cold Stone! I cant handle dairy so I stopped going there lol. You should go. Explain yourself to the employee, ask them to mix your ice cream up in a bowl (not on the cold stone) and new clean ice cream scoops. Make sure you ask for those items.

They will mix in stuff you bring, I used to take gluten-free brownies, cookies and cheesecake lol, sooo good! And if you choose to mix in a candy bar ask them to open you a new one.

Anytime you eat out there will always be a chance for cc. I try to avoid the icecream that sits next to cookies n cream, etc. I never had a problem with the chocolate, vanilla, sweet cream (my fav) and butter pecan.

jerseyangel Proficient

I've never ordered anything there, but the last time I went in with my husband, the lady told me she'd open a new container of ice cream for me and use a clean scoop if I wanted. I thought that was so nice, and now that I'm able to handle dairy again (yea!), I plan to go back and take her up on that!

I would check with your local store and see how they can help you. :)

ChickensDon'tClap Rookie

msmini14, I didn't know that you could bring in your own stuff to be mixed in! That's awesome!

I've had Cold Stone since going gluten-free, and I haven't had a problem. The prices OTOH, make me not feel well. :lol: I think they're kind of expensive just for ice cream!

Good luck, GeordieLass!

happygirl Collaborator

I've done very well at Cold Stone. They mix my ice cream in a separate container so it isn't mixed on the "cold stone" to prevent cross contamination.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
I love Cold Stone! I cant handle dairy so I stopped going there lol. You should go. Explain yourself to the employee, ask them to mix your ice cream up in a bowl (not on the cold stone) and new clean ice cream scoops. Make sure you ask for those items.

They will mix in stuff you bring, I used to take gluten-free brownies, cookies and cheesecake lol, sooo good! And if you choose to mix in a candy bar ask them to open you a new one.

Anytime you eat out there will always be a chance for cc. I try to avoid the icecream that sits next to cookies n cream, etc. I never had a problem with the chocolate, vanilla, sweet cream (my fav) and butter pecan.

Sweet cream is my fave too!!! I've been trying to buy a quart of it from them but the few times I've stopped by they don't have that flavor in the freezer section.

msmini14 Enthusiast
Sweet cream is my fave too!!! I've been trying to buy a quart of it from them but the few times I've stopped by they don't have that flavor in the freezer section.

They will sell you a quart without it being in the freezer section, they should anyway. I made friends with my coldstone people lol. They knew me, it was so funny. I would walk in and they would grab a bowl, they always knew what I was going to order. Was so cool. Ahh I miss them lol, I moved away and again I avoid dairy these days.

Enjoy your icecream, it is worth it! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived