Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasCeliacBuckeye

"you Might Be A Celiac If....."

Guest imsohungry

If....

you can button your pants in the morning, but they no longer fasten after breakfast

If....

"gas prices" makes you think of your grocery bill instead of your car tank ;)

*celiac3270 and Kaiti for President B)

You might be Celiac if:

There is a 10-fold chance of your kids saying: "She's in the bathroom" when someone calls...... (even though you drill it through their heads over and over again not to say that!!!! How embarrassing!) ;)

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Guest AmandasMommy

:blink: ok what is kinnikinnick? and what about airfresheners and in shampoo? and the meat store is getting to know me, lol.

from a newbies mom. :wub:

AmandasMommy-

Kinnikinnick is a brand that makes good gluten free donuts, breads, muffins, etc :D

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Amanda's mom

Put that name in google. They have probably the best gluten-free products I have tasted!

Anyway, it will tell you how to order them when you visit their site! :D

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

I almost live on their english muffins!!! It is the major staple of my diet! Delicious and fluffy...... yummy!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Guest Leidenschaft

Haven't seen this one yet...

You might be a Celiac if.... you wash your hands AT LEAST 100 times a day! :blink:

Guest Leidenschaft

Staying virus free is an excellent by product of this necessity! :D

For me, working with dogs all day, every day, I'm handling urine, feces, animal by-products (pig ears, cow parts etc.), and GLUTEN in the dog food!

I don't scratch my nose without first washing! My hands are red and raw up to my elbows! :unsure:

Oh well, it beats the heck out of a lot of jobs! :D

Pretty funny! :D

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

It will be quite a while before Katie and celiac3270 can run for president but in a few years they could at least run for the House of Representatives. :)

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Stranger things have happened. :lol:

18 for the House, 30 for the Senate and 35 for president along with being a natural born citizen. You don't have to be a natural born citizen for the House and Senate but I don't remeber how many years you have to be a naturalized citizen before you can run. Those are the only restrictions so Celiacs can run for office. :)

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Stranger things have happened. :lol:

18 for the House, 30 for the Senate and 35 for president along with being a natural born citizen. You don't have to be a natural born citizen for the House and Senate but I don't remeber how many years you have to be a naturalized citizen before you can run. Those are the only restrictions so Celiacs can run for office. :)

hmmm....I turn 18 in about 2 months :D I was unaware I could be that young and be able to do that. I thought you had to be alot older

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

That gives you a good 18 months to get your campaign going before the 2006 elections. :)

That gives you a good 18 months to get your campaign going before the 2006 elections. :)

Haha :lol: :lol:

Yeah two words.....I WISH

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Arkansas

"One Nation, Under God"

you may be a celiac if:

when you go on vacation, you have two bags...one for your clothes and one for your food.

the one for your food is bigger.

seeing the words "gluten free" on a mainstream item has ever caused you to dance a jig in the middle of the canned food aisle in the grocery store.

and you are not in the least embarrassed by that.

you've ever listened to someone complaining about the awful stomach virus they had over the weekend and thought, "wuss".

You might be a celiac if:

You can use your loaf of bread in place of weights when excersizing.

You are a regular at Outback, PF Changs and the local sushi restaurant.

The people at TCBY know you and immediately go get your topping from its original container in the back of the store.

You always have a packet of salad dressing/soy sauce in your bag at all times.

You bring your own sauce when you go out to eat.

gluten-free since 2/6/04