tiredofbeingsickandtired

Pinapple, Lactose Free Milk, Vomiting

Rate this topic

I had a thread but I must've not posted it correctly. I ate 2 trader joes banana waffles and a cup of lactose free milk. Lots of mucous within minutes and threw up immediately. Well I've been throwing up off and on all morning and my mouth is raw. I've had my mouth react badly to pinapple juices before and saw it in the ingredients of the waffles.

So was it the milk that made me so sick or something else? I know its a silly qustion to ask other people, but I'm so bloated again, that started yesterday. I stopped my active culture pills because I thought they could make me bloat...maybe. So confused :(

I had a thread but I must've not posted it correctly. I ate 2 trader joes banana waffles and a cup of lactose free milk. Lots of mucous within minutes and threw up immediately. Well I've been throwing up off and on all morning and my mouth is raw. I've had my mouth react badly to pinapple juices before and saw it in the ingredients of the waffles.

So was it the milk that made me so sick or something else? I know its a silly qustion to ask other people, but I'm so bloated again, that started yesterday. I stopped my active culture pills because I thought they could make me bloat...maybe. So confused :(

You might be allergic to the protein in milk and not the lactose in milk.

if thats the case would butter be out too? Right now I'm trying to eat a little bit of a potato with a tiny bit of butter and a few pieces of plain chicken. I feel awful. Last night and this morning were the only times I've had any milk in several days...I was out and just got a carton last night. I didn't feel all that great last night and did notice I had alot of mucous this morning...my asthma was a bit worse. I've been eating parmesean, cheese, and butter...all small amounts. Could it just be the milk that I react so strongly too? no diarhhea, just vomiting. accckkkk, maybe I should just cut all dairy out and go from there.

Your body is trying to tell you something. Please listen to it. The body produces mucous in an effort to protect itself.

It could well be the lactose - many with gut damage are lactose intolerant. It could just as easily be the waffles. Anything processed always runs the risk of being contaminated with stuff you could react to - unless you make it yourself you don't really have a clue what's in it - or more importantly, what's been done to it.

Sometimes, as many of us have found, it is easier just to drop the lot and start at the bottom. Just stick to what you know doesn't affect you and very gradually introduce other foods and see what happens. Otherwise you are just left floundering - is it this? Or is it that? Or is it a combination of the two, or something else.

Whilst you continue eating foods that keep the damage going, you don't give your body a chance to heal. Many of us are needing to drop a lot more than just gluten in order to heal.

I had to drop dairy, all processed foods, grains, starches and sugar and just 'restrict' my diet to the loads of choice from some lovely fruits and most veggies, meat, fish, poultry, nuts, eggs, honey and plain probiotic yogurt. After 18 months my gut has healed to the point that I have been able to add back in a little dairy. Butter was never really a problem as it is mainly fat, but I have had to avoid everything else until now.

I hadn't really noticed, but now I think about it I would say that 80% of the mucous has gone.