yogamommytrainer99

Early Fatigue

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for over two weeks... But since the upper endoscopy/colonoscopy I have been so tired, fatigued that I cannot complete my normal level of workouts.

I am a certified personal trainer and I am used to 30-60 minutes of cardio followed by at least 30 mins of strength training. My muscles are fatiguing early during cardio and I am not able to finish my strength training due to muscle fatigue.

I think it is due to poor absorption of nutrients/vitamins... Has anyone out there had the same issue? Anyone have any tips on upping energy safely and smartly... What about a B12 shot?

I have to take a day in between and rest, some of those days are complete rest...especially if I've ran and done strength training. I'm just taking it one day at a time and making sure I get some protein after each workout. I think its just something that will get better as we heal. I do know that when I get glutaminated I can barely do anything that involves weights.

I have been gluten free for over two weeks... But since the upper endoscopy/colonoscopy I have been so tired, fatigued that I cannot complete my normal level of workouts.

I am a certified personal trainer and I am used to 30-60 minutes of cardio followed by at least 30 mins of strength training. My muscles are fatiguing early during cardio and I am not able to finish my strength training due to muscle fatigue.

I think it is due to poor absorption of nutrients/vitamins... Has anyone out there had the same issue? Anyone have any tips on upping energy safely and smartly... What about a B12 shot?

That is very possible, but there is also can be a significant withdrawal effect from gluten. Some research has show a opioid like effect upon the brain from the gliadin fragments.

My first two weeks off gluten were horrible!! I couldn't keep my eyes open and was taking two naps a day (I NEVER nap). I found that I slowly started getting more energy during the third week. Now, I feel pretty normal again (two months in). Just give it some time. It will get better! :)

Hi,and part may be the sudden absence of gluten. Alot may also be vitamin defeiency,as was my case.I ride a road bike alot, and before diagnosis,after like a 40-50 mile bike ride I was just very very tired.weak,sometimes bonked.It took over a year to get my iron reserves back to normal.

Chuck

Two weeks is just the beginning of the healing process... give it some more time. Your body is fixing itself after being wrecked by gluten, let it do what it needs to do. Your energy level will get back to normal over time. Supplementing with B12 isn't going to hurt, but don't be disappointed if it's not the miracle fix you want.