Becci

Pizza Hut Breadsticks And Marinara Sauce

Rate this topic

Odd Question

I have a Severe craving for Pizza hut breadsticks and marinara sauce...

I was wondering if anyone has a good Gluten and Dairy free recipe that has a close taste to the Pizza hut versions of breadsticks and marinara sauce.

The craving won't go away, so I gotta find some kind of a solution.

Anyone got one?

Thanks!

Odd Question

I have a Severe craving for Pizza hut breadsticks and marinara sauce...

I was wondering if anyone has a good Gluten and Dairy free recipe that has a close taste to the Pizza hut versions of breadsticks and marinara sauce.

The craving won't go away, so I gotta find some kind of a solution.

Anyone got one?

Thanks!

I have a pizza dough recipe. I am sure you can just cut up the dough into bread sticks, brush on some butter and garlic with some parmesan cheese and there you got bread sticks!

This recipe is from best gluten free breads cookbook.

1 tablespoon sugar

1 cup lukewarm water

1 teaspoon yeast

1 1/4 cup rice flour

3/4 cup potato starch + extra for dusting

1/2 cup tapioca flour

1 teaspoon xanthan gum

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablesppon olive oil

1 egg

1. Mix all flours and xanthan gum in a bowl.

2. In a seperate bowl, mix water, yeast, sugar and salt.

3. Add olive oil and egg. Mix well.

4. Form a well in flour mix and add liquid mix.

5. Mix until forms a dough ball.

6. Knead dough on surface dusted with potato starch.

7. Put dough back in the bowl, and cover. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.

8. Roll dough with potato starch dusted rolling pin until it is 1/4 inch in thickness.

Great :D Umm, do you happen to know what yeast is okay to eat? I saw something about some kind of yeast having gluten.

And can you get xanthan gum from a health food store?

Great :D Umm, do you happen to know what yeast is okay to eat? I saw something about some kind of yeast having gluten.

And can you get xanthan gum from a health food store?

Xanthan Gum can be found in any health food store. It is about 12 or 13 dollars for a bag. I never use it. I either omit it or use knox gelatain whenever a recipe calls for it. I heard of people using guar gum too and it is less expensive but some people can't tolerate guar gum so they buy xanthan gum anyways.

I use Red Star yeast. I didn't know yeast could have gluten. I thought yeast was just yeast??

Xanthan Gum can be found in any health food store. It is about 12 or 13 dollars for a bag. I never use it. I either omit it or use knox gelatain whenever a recipe calls for it. I heard of people using guar gum too and it is less expensive but some people can't tolerate guar gum so they buy xanthan gum anyways.

I use Red Star yeast. I didn't know yeast could have gluten. I thought yeast was just yeast??

Brewer's Yeast is what I saw as unsafe...

But thank you :D

I find Xanthan Gum to be a must. My grocery store carries it, Hy-Vee, it runs about 8 dollars and if you put it in the fridge it will last a long time. Red Star yeast is fine, if you look on the package it states it is gluten-free. Some yeasts have grains added to them. Red Star is what I've always used but check your package if you have a different brand.

Brewer's Yeast is what I saw as unsafe...

"Brewer's yeast," which will always be labeled that way, is a flavoring agent. It is spent yeast from the brewing of beer--it has been used to malt barley, thus contaminating it with gluten.

Yeast itself is gluten-free.

"Brewer's yeast," which will always be labeled that way, is a flavoring agent. It is spent yeast from the brewing of beer--it has been used to malt barley, thus contaminating it with gluten.

Yeast itself is gluten-free.

Great, thank you. :)

i bought a gluten-free yeast at my local health food store, just to be on the safe side