Tabasco

The Two Phrases I Don't Want To Say Anymore...

Rate this topic

It seems that for as long as I can remember I have said "My belly hurts" and "I'm so tired". Almost every day of my life. :( And ya know, it kind of sucks.

To think that just changing my diet could possibly "cure" me is an unimaginable concept.

To think that I could actually feel "good"...really feel good for once. Man, that would be priceless.

Here's hoping.

It seems that for as long as I can remember I have said "My belly hurts" and "I'm so tired". Almost every day of my life. :( And ya know, it kind of sucks.

To think that just changing my diet could possibly "cure" me is an unimaginable concept.

To think that I could actually feel "good"...really feel good for once. Man, that would be priceless.

Here's hoping.

I'll second that!.. I just learned to live with all the dis-conforts, but it was the many years of the DH itch that finally got diagnosed 2 months ago.. Life is getting a little better each day..

Here's hoping.

Have you just been diagnosed or are you giving it a go yourself? Either way good luck and I wish you good health and hope your stommach issues VANISH!

Were working on figuring out mine, after 2 negative blood tests and doctors who treated us like I'm stupid and making it up, I hope enterolab will give me some info, although i know it wont diagnose me I'd like to have some insight on genes, etc..

Sure do know. I hope the diet helps you. The diagnosis process can be a long and hard one for some of us. It sure was for me. LOL If the diet helps it can seem almost miraculous the difference in the way we feel. It is hard at first and there is a lot to learn but it is so worth it if gluten is causing the issues.

No diagnosis yet and I don't want to talk myself into having celiac disease or GS. I know how I am. A little bit of knowledge can be dangerous! It's just eery how I have so many of the "symtoms" that I am reading about.

My latest "thing" is completely forgetting to finish a word or a thought. I'll start a sentence and just stop. My husband will look at me like "well?" and I just can't remember the word.

I do have ADD that i am not treating because the meds cause headaches.

Ya know...now that I think about it...at my last visit with my rheumatologist, I was told that I had very low vitamin D deficiency (22 ng/ml) and I think she also told me that my B12 was low too.

I was given a prescription for 50,000 units of Vit D and she told me to buy OTC calcium and B12.

Putting all of the pieces together brings the big picture together, doesn't it?

I'll get there.

Hurry up 8/31!!!!!

Good luck on your testing! I hope you'll give the gluten-free diet a test run even if your tests are negative. That's the only way you'll know.

The phrase I never want to say again is "I'm so tired of being tired."

Completely understand your frustration!!

Here's to finding a way to live without pain!

Don't let the test results stop you from trying the diet. I had negative bloodwork ( had been gluten free for a month - duh, doc), and negative endo ( quick look - 1 biopsy), but went on the diet anyway. I knew my body. Am feeling better every day. Try the diet for a few months and see if thats what it is. Good luck.