beanbird

Test Results

Rate this topic

I have just had my results back (negative, taken after 3 wks eating gluten, prior to that 2 months gluten-free).

I asked my doctor for a copy of the results and I don't really understand them.My IgA is 2.57 g/l (0.8-3.0)

I have no idea what any of that means! Is it right on track, border line?

They also did my 'serum lipids' (cholesterol), but nothing else, (unless they didn't print it all). I have seen mention of other celiac tests mentioned on the boards. Should they have done those as well?

I am in the UK, so I'm not sure if the tests are the same.

Thanks

My docs says I have a bad Gluten intolerance regardless of whether it is celiacs or not, so at least I didn't get a IBS diagnosis (although I did when i was a kid).

Any thoughts?

Is that the only test he ran for Celiac? Does it say anything about AGA, tTG, EMA, etc?

Is that the only test he ran for Celiac? Does it say anything about AGA, tTG, EMA, etc?

As far as I am aware, that is all they did, I'm not sure though, all I have to go on is the print out the receptionist gave me.

They took 2 vials of blood.

Should they have done more?

Based on appearance only, it looks as though they tested your total IgA level and nothing else. I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like. In which case, at least you know you're not IgA deficient... but not so helpful in the celiac process.