collins146

gluten-free Iphone App

Rate this topic

Anyone tried the gluten free Iphone apps? I'm thinking about getting an Ipod touch partly for these.

Yes, I have the "Is that Gluten Free" application. It's very helpful. It doesn't have everyting I have looked for but it's a good basic guide for you when you're at the grocery store.

Anyone tried the gluten free Iphone apps? I'm thinking about getting an Ipod touch partly for these.

My husband downloaded "Is That Gluten Free?" yesterday for me, and it is great!

It has a list of ingredients that are gluten-free, and the ones that are not (identified by a big red "X"), so I don't have to memorize the huge pharmaceutical list. It also has a category of items by brands, such as "Cheetos", "Skittles", or "Classico" pasta sauces. Once you find the item it also has and "i" for "more info" on that item. You can also search items by common name, such as "beer" or "cheese" for instance, and it will list those beers or cheeses that are gluten-free, and then you can shop based on the names it lists.

It will be a life-saver at the grocery store. I have already used it to look at stuff I already have here on our shelves at home. Definitely worth it. All the updates are going to be free, so it is a one-time fee for the initial download.

Does this App have to be connected to the internet to use it?

I have an iPod Touch, but no iPhone. I guess there is a chance some grocery stores have a cafe and wifi.

Does this App have to be connected to the internet to use it?

I have an iPod Touch, but no iPhone. I guess there is a chance some grocery stores have a cafe and wifi.

It says on the download page that no internet connectivity is needed to use its database. Instead it uses the internet to update the database.

Anyway, it's $6. I'm getting it for myself.

I hadn't heard of this and went to get more info, but my computer keeps freezing up at the Apple website (maybe because I don't have an Apple computer and they KNOW.) Is there restaurant info or just grocery store type stuff?

I hadn't heard of this and went to get more info, but my computer keeps freezing up at the Apple website (maybe because I don't have an Apple computer and they KNOW.) Is there restaurant info or just grocery store type stuff?

It's grocery store stuff.