Crayons574

Anyone Have Troubles With All Grains?

Rate this topic

I was just wondering how many people on here have trouble with all grains and find that they do best on a grain-free diet? Is this common among Celiacs--like does your body think that anything that even remotely resembles gluten is hard to digest? Or is this temporary and gluten free grains can eventually be reintroduced? Thanks! :)

I am very careful where I get my grains. Once I got a bag of millet and there were a bunch of grains in there that looked like wheat. My latest supply of corn also had grains in there that were not corn, though they were a lot bigger than the grains that I found in the millet. I also wash them before cooking.

I have a hard time with grains. I do best with corn. I've cut way back to very few grains.

I can't tolerate grains either. Ithink this is a temporary problem that will go away with healing. I can now have rice cakes, but that's it so far.

A lot of people here have this problem--including me. Though for myself I think its mainly due to problems with fungal overgrowth. The simpler the diet the healthier I am. The specific carbohydrate diet thread here might be something for you to look into. I eat squash to replace a lot of the grains, though I still eat less carb. than when I ate grains.

Bea