cmg4835

What Can I Eat ?

Rate this topic

Can anyone recommend a good quick reference book ?? I guess I'm lazy and want a book I can go to letter "s" and look up "soy sauce" before I take a bite ?

:(

Can anyone recommend a good quick reference book ?? I guess I'm lazy and want a book I can go to letter "s" and look up "soy sauce" before I take a bite ?

:(

+1 -- I would love one of those too!

Two suggestions:

Cecelia's MarketPlace Gluten Free Grocery Shopping Guide

The Essential Gluten Free Grocery Guide, by Triumph Dining

Both can be found on line or here at the Gluten Free Mall.

Guides are super while you are getting adjusted to the diet. But, inevitable, reading labels will be your key to success (or survival)

I bought Cecelia's Gluten Free Guide a few weeks ago and was super excited to have such a long list gluten free items in my hands, but I do want to throw out a caution. There are a few items listed that are NOT gluten free and I'm not sure why they won't remove them. For example, Tylenol Rapid Release Gels are listed as being gluten free in the book, but when I contacted Tylenol, they told me the RR Gels are NOT gluten free and even sent me a list of their gluten free products, with RR gels not being listed as gluten free. I contacted Cecelia's Marketplace about it, but that was a couple weeks ago and they still haven't made any product alerts for Tylenol RR gels. Also, Wonka Nerds are listed as gluten free, but on the package, it clearly states that the product is made on machinery that also produces wheat containing candies. Sooo...I still use my Cecelia's Marketplace Guide, but I still read labels. And I make notes in my book if I call a company and find something different than what's listed. Hope it helps!

I did purchase the book yesterday thank you !

I bought Cecelia's Gluten Free Guide a few weeks ago and was super excited to have such a long list gluten free items in my hands, but I do want to throw out a caution. There are a few items listed that are NOT gluten free and I'm not sure why they won't remove them. For example, Tylenol Rapid Release Gels are listed as being gluten free in the book, but when I contacted Tylenol, they told me the RR Gels are NOT gluten free and even sent me a list of their gluten free products, with RR gels not being listed as gluten free. I contacted Cecelia's Marketplace about it, but that was a couple weeks ago and they still haven't made any product alerts for Tylenol RR gels. Also, Wonka Nerds are listed as gluten free, but on the package, it clearly states that the product is made on machinery that also produces wheat containing candies. Sooo...I still use my Cecelia's Marketplace Guide, but I still read labels. And I make notes in my book if I call a company and find something different than what's listed. Hope it helps!

Any book is going to be out of date the moment it's printed, so even if you use one to steer you in a direction, ALWAYS read labels before purchasing or using.

that's the problem, I go to the store and I cry - nothing to eat there for me.. and I'm hungry.

Nothing to eat? Surely, you jest.

How about fruit, vegetables, meat... or do you mean packaged convenience foods?

Have a Snicker and a Coke. (gluten-free)

Have some Lays potato chips and a V_8 (gluten-free)

There is tons of stuff to eat... you just have to look for what you CAN have as opposed to what you can NOT have.