jasonD2

Could I Have Gotten Gluttened From Espresso?

Rate this topic

Again this goes back to my social phobia issues and the ability to just say NO. I stopped off at my company HQ the other day to say hi and the director offered me espresso. I wanted to seem like a good sport so i said sure...the cup he gave me had a foamy layer on top so im assuming there was some kind of cream in there. anyway, i pretended like i was drinking it but i really wasnt- still i did put my open mouth on the cup and at one point let the foam touch my lip. is there anyway the espresso could've had gluten in it? i noticed when it was being made it came from a small little cup kinda looked like one of those creamer cups for coffee.

I know that some of the flavored creamers contain gluten...so if the expresso was made from a packaged item, not plain coffee beans I'd be leary B)

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I agree about the creamers, but possibly more importantly, coffee gives me much worse diarrhea than gluten. And I have heard the same from many (though not all) celiacs.

I'm curious as to which flavored creamers have gluten.

richard

Apart from Gluten, I also have some issues with dairy and caffeine giving me diarrhea. I have have small amounts of each (2-3 cans of caffeinated soda a week, or a 'dollop' of sour cream with a meal), but too much has me headed to the bathroom.

Me at Starbucks: "I'd like a venti, decaf, soy, caramel macchiato, please." Takes and eternity to order, but it doesn't upset my gut!

I agree - dairy & caffienne can mimick glutening -esp if I have been minorly glutened somewhere else they can bother me.

I think the chocolate and/or vanilla topping isn't safe either..