Sunshine_Lollipop

Doctor In Eugene, Or? (or Anywhere Within 4 Hours)

Rate this topic

Hello :)

I am in Eugene, OR, and have been searching in vain for a doctor who can help me.

I have not been officially diagnosed with celiac, but I have very severe reactions every time I eat even the smallest amount of wheat, and I have had a saliva test which confirmed gluten sensitivity at the very least. I had stopped eating wheat for a couple of years before I even had heard of celiac, so I can't get the blood test (I'm not willing to risk the reaction from going back on wheat just for the test).

One relative has celiac, and given the severity of my symptoms I am pretty sure I have it too (along with multiple other food allergies, and I have very low iron, etc.) My biggest concern right now is finding a supplement that doesn't tax my adrenals or contain any of the numerous numerous food triggers that I need to avoid.

I would be willing to travel if need be.. at this point my diet is so limited that I'm very concerned about nutritional deficiencies.. time is of the essence.

I need a doctor with a lot of patience, who can help walk me through this. I have seen a number of doctors and naturopaths who wanted to hand me a bottle of standard vitamins and/or herbs and be done with it.. but my allergic reactions can be so severe that I am very hesitant to try anything that isn't simple food unless I know that my doc will be there for me if I have a negative reaction. I need help untangling the mess of allergies that I have as well as figuring out whether I have any additional problems underlying this.

Any good referrals?

Thank you!

I am also in Eugene. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no good recommendations for you. I have many allergy problems as well, and have seen MANY doctors. Unfortunately, non of them seem to think my chronic diarrhea and accompanying abdominal pains are anything to be concerned about. What I can say, is to never go to Kaiser Permanente in Salem or Portland. There will be no one of use to you there. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Best of luck to you and please share if you succeed in finding someone who can help you!

Char Glenn at Nob Hill Internal Medicine in Portland. She's a PCP but her specialty is Celiac disease and nutrition. She's amazing!

Char Glenn at Nob Hill Internal Medicine in Portland. She's a PCP but her specialty is Celiac disease and nutrition. She's amazing!

I can second that. She was my doctor until I moved to Salem and can't drive that far. I am one who is very ill due to Celiac and related/unrelated issues.

I was hoping someone knew of an affordable Natropath here in Salem?? I called one guy but he was NOT affordable!

I know the pickings are slim, but if anyone has any leads that would be great.

~Mercy