Jonbo

Quaker Rice Cakes

Rate this topic

I buy them on occasion to eat with peanut butter on top as a quick snack at work. I noticed between the last purchase and this one, they added Gluten Free. I knew it already was but the label is a nice little reassurance.

MonJan11141103AmericaChicago2010.jpg

Hmm, interesting. Their website still says they can't gurantee any of their products to be gluten-free because of possible cross-contamination.

The claim of product status as gluten free, is totally voluntary at this time. The criteria for "gluten free" has yet to be established and adopted, by legal standards, in the US.

Does Quaker test random batches?

Are they manufactures on shared lines?

Are they processed in a facility with other wheat products?

Do they list these disclaimers on their label?

At this time, everyone wants to jump on the gluten free bandwagon. It's a blessing and a curse, with out a legal standard. Inform yourself and draw your own conclusion.

The claim of product status as gluten free, is totally voluntary at this time. The criteria for "gluten free" has yet to be established and adopted, by legal standards, in the US.

Does Quaker test random batches?

Are they manufactures on shared lines?

Are they processed in a facility with other wheat products?

Do they list these disclaimers on their label?

At this time, everyone wants to jump on the gluten free bandwagon. It's a blessing and a curse, with out a legal standard. Inform yourself and draw your own conclusion.

Thanks Lisa. gluten-free is popular, isn't it? We've only been gluten-free for a few months and at the advice of the dietician we haven't looked at all the manufacturing processes, just the ingredients. Except for flours and things they eat regularly (like snacks, cereal). Those we buy from dedicated facilities and/or good manufacturing processes. My boys have their first follow-up in two weeks and that'll let us know where we're at.