Tigercat17

Good Gluten Free Vitamins?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good gluten free vitamin? I just started taking "Megafood Vitamins" & they told me they do test for gluten & they are gluten free. But I'm learning just because it's says gluten free doesn't always mean it's gluten free... B)

Has anyone tried them or had any reactions to them?

Thanks!

I highly recommend Kirkman Labs. www.kirkmanlabs.com They have a number of not only gluten-free, but allergen-free supplements of different kinds. They are good to work with also.

Rainbow light brand. The entire family takes the active teen. They really help with both my teens acne--could really tell over Christmas vaca when they didn't take them.

Be careful, though, not all of their vitamins are gluten-free.

I take NatureMade, the label states gluten free and I have never had problems with them.

I take the Ultra Mega Womens from GNC and they are labeled gluten free, dairy free etc. However they are expensive, and my doctor says that they are really more vitamins than necessary for a normal person. I am looking to switch to something cheaper.

if you have Celiac disease you're not a "normal person" though are you? ;) The malabsorption issues with celiac or even gluten intolerance would suggest a higher dose multi-vitimin IMO.

I too take the GNC Women's Ultra Mega without iodine and without iron. ($18.99 for 90 tabs in the US I think is fairly reasonable. They don't have the iodine free version in Canada for some reason.) I also take calcium, magnesium, Vit D, Vit C and fish oil omega 3s. Those I usually buy what's on sale as long as it is gluten free. I got 2 HUGE bottles of calcium tablets on BOGO a couple of weeks ago. I won't need to buy calcium again until Fall I think!

Thanks everyone for all your great recommendations!

I was taking Finest Natural vitamins by Walgreen's & a Sam's Club - Member's Mark multi vitamin. I just stopped them two weeks ago & started the Megafood vitamins. I have to say my stomach feels better, but I wonder if I'm still getting gluten somewhere. I just got my IgA Ab blood work done last week & it's 61. I don't eat out at all & I'm so careful of what I'm eating. The only thing I could think of are the Walgreen vitamins even though they say gluten free. I'm just stumped! :(

If any one else has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!