Lexi

Did It Again! Question!

Rate this topic

Gosh, this lifestyle is just so frustrating!!! I spent my whole summer sick because I was drinking Rice Dream milk, and finally started to get better a few months ago. Now I spent my whole Christmas Holiday sick again. I was so excited when I ordered some Hot Chocolate with mint from The Endangered Species Website. I was drinking it every afternoon as a treat to keep warm. I thought it was gluten free because all of their choocalte is gluten free. I drank it with coconut milk, and it was so good! However, I have been sick for the last month. I decided to call today just to double-check the product, and the lady told me that it was the only product on their website that wasn't gluten free. My first thought was to go get a Chick-fil-a sandwich since I had already been making myself sick for the last month anyway.....LOL! I still don't understand the whole concept.....do trace amounts of gluten do just as much as a whole chick-fil-a sandwich? Does it do the same amount of damage?? If that is the case, would it really matter if I went ahead and ate the sandwhich and then started fresh again?????

I was drinking Rice Dream too until I read on here that it has traces of gluten. There are people who drink it with no problem though. It has like 20 parts per million, so it's a trace amount, but there are people who are sensitive to that.

It's hard to have to read everything and investigate it all. We just have to learn from setbacks and move forward.

You were drinking it everyday and the Rice Dream too, so it's tough for you to know how sensitive you will be when you aren't doing that. It might be that drinking it once or twice wouldn't have bothered you that much, but everyday was too much.

Personally I wouldn't go eat the chik fil a. It's not worth it.

I was drinking Rice Dream too until I read on here that it has traces of gluten. There are people who drink it with no problem though. It has like 20 parts per million, so it's a trace amount, but there are people who are sensitive to that.

It's hard to have to read everything and investigate it all. We just have to learn from setbacks and move forward.

You were drinking it everyday and the Rice Dream too, so it's tough for you to know how sensitive you will be when you aren't doing that. It might be that drinking it once or twice wouldn't have bothered you that much, but everyday was too much.

Personally I wouldn't go eat the chik fil a. It's not worth it.

Don't be hard on yourself - we've all done it. I sit here still miserable from two weeks ago, and some ill-chosen beans (who knew?!) the other night.

But I wouldn't make it worse by compounding yet more gluten into your system. I don't know if you've had the opportunity yet to feel better - really better - but that is so worth it. And Chik-fil-a isn't as good as you think it is. ;) Promise.

Hang in there. We all learning this one day at a time.

the smallest amount can make you sick. take a for instance with hand lotion ingredients- they are to be scrutinized because while we aren't drinking them if we are eating, the residual lotion could easily cross contaminate the food.

chic fi la sounds awesome - but after you are feeling noticably *better* nothing sounds good if you know after you eat it you are gonna be sorry for days.

you also don't want to flip flop back and forth ... eating some every now and then can and will hurt you. hang in there!! ... (to me) its a blessing to be able to cure yourself just by eliminating 1 thing from you diet. after the learning curve you will be on your way to feeling well and being healthy! good luck! :)