DoodleDog

Question Regarding Result Of Vit D Test

Rate this topic

First of all I have read many posts for about a month and I have to say you all are amazing! Going gluten free is not easy and I admire all your efforts!

With that said I had spent 30 min. this morning typing up a long list of my symptoms and about my month and a half going back and forth with going gluten, dairy and soy free. I was going to ask what you all thought and then realized something after writing my very long description. Gluten is making me sick for sure. I feel 80% better with out it so I deleted my long letter with a smile on my face. And I have to thank this site for this conclusion!

So now I will focus on trying to recover with a smile on my face. I am 4 days into trying to recover (my 106 pound, thin frame has a swollen belly that looks about 3 months pregnant) from eating gluten and dairy at a super bowl party. I also need to learn to tell others that gluten bothers me!

Diagnosed 21 years ago with IBS

Here is my question. I know of someone with primary raynauds, she has a relative with celiac and her blood work came back negative for celiac (they only did half the test...transglutaminase... she has a positive ana which has been know for 5 years....but a new result is she is vit D deficient so they have her on 50,000 IU of vit D for 12 weeks then will retest. My question is should a full celiac panel be requested when retest or leave it be and see if her vit D level is back to normal. My thought is if she is not absorbing V D maybe she is having gluten probrems. What do you think?

yes, yes.

something is wrong with the absorption since D is so low.

And, reynaud's is connected to hypothyroidsim, and that is often triggered by gluten.

If it is impossible to get the proper testing done, it is still possible to get enterolab testing.

Fat malabsorption is typical with celiac, and they do test that, and other thigns too, like fecal transglutaminase ans fecal antigliadin. The antibodies show up in the intestines long before in the blood.

yes, yes.

something is wrong with the absorption since D is so low.

And, reynaud's is connected to hypothyroidsim, and that is often triggered by gluten.

If it is impossible to get the proper testing done, it is still possible to get enterolab testing.

Fat malabsorption is typical with celiac, and they do test that, and other thigns too, like fecal transglutaminase ans fecal antigliadin. The antibodies show up in the intestines long before in the blood.

Thank you!

I dont know if I did the last reply correct but Thank you for your advise!