Canadian Girl

Back Pain?

Rate this topic

I have been off of gluten for the past 5 weeks, and for the last 2-3 weeks i've had the worst back pain ever! i've nvr had muscle/joint pain before and dunno if it's from gluten withdrawal?? :huh: it's soo bad when i wake up i can barely move! then iy gets better when i'm up and moving around but will still kind of throb thru out the day. i was thinkin maybe it's from my job as i'm at a desk for 12 hrs but i've been doin the same thing for 7 months with no sore back! could it be gluten withdrawal?? :(

I could be wrong but I think this is more like to be from cross contamination in something you are still eating. I get awful back pain when glutened mostly due to kidney damage.

It could be from other food intolerances. I hope it goes away soon. I still have backk pain but don't think it is cc because the D isn't present now. I do know that I have many, many food intolerances but haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing the pain. I definitely think it is food related though.

It could be from other food intolerances. I hope it goes away soon. I still have backk pain but don't think it is cc because the D isn't present now. I do know that I have many, many food intolerances but haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing the pain. I definitely think it is food related though.

You may want to drop soy and dairy for a bit and see if that helps. If it does then after a month or so add them back in one at a time and see if the pain restarts. Some folks also have problems with nightshades if the dropping soy and dairy doesn't help then you may want to consider dropping the nightshades and see if that helps.

Thanks so much for the replies! The pain is on the left side of my backonly, below my shoulder blade but above my hip. So should i cut out dairy, soy, and nightshade veggies at the same time? potatos are nightshade, so does that mean i have to cut out potato chips too? this is so confusing. why only the one side of my back tho? i've been very careful so don't think it's cc.. but it could be.. who knows.. :unsure: i was thinking of going to physio to see if they can tell if i've maybe pulled something somehow??