Canadian Girl

Bread Machine

Rate this topic

My advice is don't buy one. Gluten free breads don't need all that kneading and extra rising. There are some great recipes where you mix it up, put it in a bread pan, let it rise once and bake it. I have an expensive bread machine and I probably will never use it for gluten-free breads. I'm keeping it in case, but at this point don't need it.

Ditto the advice. Before I went gluten-free, I used a bread machine because making bread required lots of hard work and timing. Kneading. Rising. Kneading. Rising. gluten-free bread is much easier to make. So carefully consider why you need a bread machine. Do you have the space to stow it or will you need to keep in on your counter (and dust regularly)? Do you like to clean those machine parts? Will you make enough bread for the cost/benefit to equal out?

If I were you, I'd buy a couple of quality bread baking pans, a muffin pan, and a really pretty bread basket.

OK . . . I'm a dissenting vote . . .I like my bread machine because it takes me 5 minutes to dump the stuff in and I can leave the house or I can get wrapped up in a movie or whatever . . . I don't have to watch the clock to put it in the oven or take it out.

I bought a Cuisinart because I thought that I would need a "gluten free" bread setting. As it turns out, the bread of choice at our house is Pamela's which runs on the basic "white bread" setting so I didn't need to spend as much as I did.

My advice would be to first experiment with a couple of the bread recipes/mixes to see which one you like. Then if you don't "knead" (heehee couldn't help it) a special gluten free setting than you don't have to pay for it.

That being said, I do like my Cuisinart (CBK-200).

My vote is for a bread machine. Not everybody has time to mix up bread dough. I make bread from scratch as well but there are times when I don't have the time to spend measuring & mixing so other times I use the bread machine.....

The best in many of celiac eyes is the Zojirushi.... it is a workhorse & worth every penny.....

hth

mamaw