mcphee930

Just Venting

Rate this topic

It has been almost 3 weeks now, and things are getting harder, not easier. First off, Im not feeling much better. I think I might have a little more energy then I did before, but my "stomach issues" are the same. Still stopping at gas stations to go the bathroom, and always having to look to make sure I know where they are at all times. When my doctor told me I had celiac, thats about all he said and gave me a diet. He didn't do the scope, he didn't want to follow up or anything. So, how do I know? All he did was a blood test that came back positive. I'm trying to be strong and put on a front like it doesn't bother me, but it does. Its really hard. Ive tried my whole life just to blend in, and this is making me stand out like a sore thumb. Im having a tough day, so I had to vent to someone, it doesn't seem like anyone really understands!

Your doctor is smarter than most. Many of us would give anything to have a doctor who realizes that a positive blood test is positive. There are false negatives but not really false positives.

Use the search function on here and look at old threads dealing with Withdrawals. There is a healing and withdrawal period where you can either not feel better or even feel worse for awhile. Around week 3 I couldn't digest anything. Everything I ate made me sick. Then it got better after nearly 2 weeks like that.

Most of us find we have to give up dairy and soy for awhile. They are too hard on a healing gut. Also gluten free foods like breads, etc. that are complex in ingredients can be hard to digest at first. Do a simple clean diet of meats, rice, veggies, fruits, maybe some rice pasta or corn tortillas. Although some people also have trouble with corn.

It will get better! Make sure you aren't eating hidden sources of gluten by accident. I had gluten in every beauty product I was using and the cumulative effect was making me sick so I switched all of it.

Maybe tell us what you're eating (brands included). There might be something that others have found is a problem.

I don't have any suggestions, because I am only a week in. I just want you to know I totally understand what you're going through, and you have my support. Hang in there. :)

Maybe tell us what you're eating (brands included). There might be something that others have found is a problem.

Well, Ive been trying to be very careful with what i eat, because i really want this to work. In reading the forum, I realize maybe i should try not eating the almonds Ive been eating? I was using this as a "snack", but i guess maybe that isn't a good idea. Ive been eating a lot of rice, chicken, and tilapia. I also have been eating alot of cheese, and great value (walmart brand), cooked ham, which says its gluten free on the walmart website. Any help there?