Roda

I'm Excited..kids Liked Gluten Free Bread

Rate this topic

My kids, who are not gluten free, liked their grilled cheese sandwiches today, ALOT! About half way through eating their sandwiches, my oldest asked me if it was my bread. I told him yes. He said it tasted pretty good. I feel this is a big accomplishment, since this bread I have been making is the first I even like to eat too. Both kiddos ate them up. When I am in charge of the kids breakfast, lunch or snacks I prefer to feed them gluten free stuff so it is one less thing I have to deal with. Our suppers are almost always gluten free. If they eat gluten things I will make them sit at the table and when done, go wash hands. That way I only have one controlled area to clean up. Hubby does not watch them as closely. He will let them walk around and then they touch things. I talked to him about this and is going to be more mindful now.

Congrats, that is no small feat! What's your secret? Do you care to share the recipe?

My bread cravings are still very strong so I'm somewhat intimidated by the prospect of getting back into baking from scratch again.

Congrats!! I will never forget when I made a sandwich for a gluten eating friend of mine, and he said he couldn't taste a difference. It still makes me feel all sunshine-y inside. I'm still very self conscious about sharing my bread for fear of funny faces, but it shows that things have come a long way!

Congrats, that is no small feat! What's your secret? Do you care to share the recipe?

My bread cravings are still very strong so I'm somewhat intimidated by the prospect of getting back into baking from scratch again.

No problem. I can't claim the recipe as my own though. I have made it exactly as the recipe states and it was good. Last time I made it I had run out of brown sugar and used regular. I also used perrier water instead. I'm due to make it again so I think am going to try adding a little less sugar or use honey and some of the potato water from boiling potatoes last night.

http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-favorite-gluten-free-sandwich-bread.html

If you're not in the mood for cooking, you might think of trying Udi's Whole Grain bread. I got it at Sprouts (California) in frozen section. It's excellent!

If you're not in the mood for cooking, you might think of trying Udi's Whole Grain bread. I got it at Sprouts (California) in frozen section. It's excellent!

Funny you should mention that. After all the rave reviews I have heard about it I wanted to try some. I can't get it locally, so I thought I would order a case. Well that just isn't going to happen after I saw what they charged to ship it! :huh: I'll make time to bake or I'll do without. Next time I am at Earth Fare I may inquire if they can get it in. It would be nice to have a back up that's easy.

Udi's has a white bread also and they are both VERY good!