bittykitty

Lindt This Time..so Sick Of This Garbage

Rate this topic

Just got sick from their dark chocolate with sea salt..no wheat or barley ingredients listed on the label at all,no warning of possible CC from anything other than tree nuts/peanuts(which bother me in large amounts,but not from a little dust on a line).So now I have to drag my self through work again,trying not to vomit,every muscle in my body in a knot,itching like hell.Why?Because they can't be bothered to take the time to print one damn sentence on a package.Really, really tied of having to deal with this crap every time I want something as simple as some candy at the movies.

Allergies & Dietary Restrictions:

Is there gluten or barley malt in Lindt chocolate?Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee that Lindt chocolate is gluten free. Our white and extra dark (70% cocoa and above) chocolate products by nature do not contain barley malt. However, because they run on the same production lines as other products there is a chance of cross contamination. Lindt is aware of the growing prevalence of Celiac's Disease and other conditions. We are sensitive to the fact that these large groups of consumers are unable to enjoy our chocolate at this time. We hope in the future to be able to accommodate the needs of all our consumers and offer options to satisfy varying dietary requirements.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but this is from the Lindt website.

hope you feel better soon.

Just got sick from their dark chocolate with sea salt..no wheat or barley ingredients listed on the label at all,no warning of possible CC from anything other than tree nuts/peanuts(which bother me in large amounts,but not from a little dust on a line).So now I have to drag my self through work again,trying not to vomit,every muscle in my body in a knot,itching like hell.Why?Because they can't be bothered to take the time to print one damn sentence on a package.Really, really tied of having to deal with this crap every time I want something as simple as some candy at the movies.

For future reference- Dagoba and Endangered Species are all gluten free, as far as I know. I've never seen a bar that didn't say gluten-free on it.

Allergies & Dietary Restrictions:

Is there gluten or barley malt in Lindt chocolate?Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee that Lindt chocolate is gluten free. Our white and extra dark (70% cocoa and above) chocolate products by nature do not contain barley malt. However, because they run on the same production lines as other products there is a chance of cross contamination. Lindt is aware of the growing prevalence of Celiac's Disease and other conditions. We are sensitive to the fact that these large groups of consumers are unable to enjoy our chocolate at this time. We hope in the future to be able to accommodate the needs of all our consumers and offer options to satisfy varying dietary requirements.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but this is from the Lindt website.

hope you feel better soon.

Ugh.yeah found that one out the hard way.Next time we'll be stopping by Kroger before the movie,and I'll pick up an Enjoy Life or an Endangered Species bar.Know the lack of labeling isn't going to change anytime soon,but still an irritation.