This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Night Sweats

The Glutenator

The Glutenator Contributor

Just wondering if anyone else gets night sweats. It seems to happen more often after I have been glutenated, and for a few nights I wake up almost soaked. Anyone else experience this on a regular basis or after being glutenated?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Yes I get them too. The doctors blamed it on my very early menopause but they stopped within a month or so of giving up gluten and now happen only if I get glutened or if I eat a very, very large amount of chocolate.

Juliet Newbie

My son gets them really bad if he gets gluten. He soaks the sheets thoroughly, as if a bucket of water were splashed on him. In addition to behavioral symptoms, it's a tell tale sign for us.

myelementalwellness Newbie

Just wondering if anyone else gets night sweats. It seems to happen more often after I have been glutenated, and for a few nights I wake up almost soaked. Anyone else experience this on a regular basis or after being glutenated?

It is possible developing reactive hyperthyroid or hypothyroid as well as hormonal imbalances (most common in women) due to being gluten intolerant/having celiac. It took me some time with research and consulting other doctors in regards to this. My motivation was trying to explain having a hyperthyroid with no link to any disease such as Graves, Addisons etc. In addition to my progesterone and estrogen levels were near to none resulting in post-menopausal levels even though I still got my monthly period although it was very light.. I'm only 28 years old, athletic, 98lbs at 4'11. Who'da thunk!

nutralady2001 Newbie

I get them but I had mononucleosis extremely badly years ago...night sweats were one of my symptoms .... still have the EBV in my system and when I get run down/over tired then I get them

Mskedi Newbie

I do.

Archived