Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Glutenator

Night Sweats

Just wondering if anyone else gets night sweats. It seems to happen more often after I have been glutenated, and for a few nights I wake up almost soaked. Anyone else experience this on a regular basis or after being glutenated?

Fighting celiac one gluten-free bite at a time

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes I get them too. The doctors blamed it on my very early menopause but they stopped within a month or so of giving up gluten and now happen only if I get glutened or if I eat a very, very large amount of chocolate.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

My son gets them really bad if he gets gluten. He soaks the sheets thoroughly, as if a bucket of water were splashed on him. In addition to behavioral symptoms, it's a tell tale sign for us.

Just wondering if anyone else gets night sweats. It seems to happen more often after I have been glutenated, and for a few nights I wake up almost soaked. Anyone else experience this on a regular basis or after being glutenated?

It is possible developing reactive hyperthyroid or hypothyroid as well as hormonal imbalances (most common in women) due to being gluten intolerant/having celiac. It took me some time with research and consulting other doctors in regards to this. My motivation was trying to explain having a hyperthyroid with no link to any disease such as Graves, Addisons etc. In addition to my progesterone and estrogen levels were near to none resulting in post-menopausal levels even though I still got my monthly period although it was very light.. I'm only 28 years old, athletic, 98lbs at 4'11. Who'da thunk!

I get them but I had mononucleosis extremely badly years ago...night sweats were one of my symptoms .... still have the EBV in my system and when I get run down/over tired then I get them

Diagnosed Eczema 1964 aged 16 but with what I know now from research am sure it was Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome 1969 at age 21 but had it from age of 12 many painful episodes over the years( was probably Coeliac all along)

Diagnosed Hashimoto's Disease/Hypothyroid November 1994

Low B12 November 2006

Low B12 (still!) July 2007 Docs are happy with results just above low end of normal..*sigh*....still need to resolve it

Gluten free since October 2006 after failing gluten challenge

Diagnosed Hiatus Hernia and Los Angeles Grade A reflux via endoscopy October 2007

Diagnosed with Coeliac Disease via same endoscopy / biopsy October 2007 (took them long enough!) despite being gluten-free damage still evident although had been taking iron tablets for iron deficiency without realizing they contained gluten. Subsequent blood tests show :Positive Anti-Gliadin IgA EIA antibodies, Positive Endomysial antibodies ,Positive tTG IgA antibodies of 300 ("normal" range 0-15)

Auto-immune disease goes back at least 5 generations in my family (and counting) Mainly Type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.

Number 1 Son has Type 1 diabetes ..diagnosed March 2007 at age 31, number 2 son aged 24 is A/I disease free so far ,daughter has lichen planus ( similar to psoriasis) diagnosed 2003 at age 17 am now wondering if it is DH but with flippancy of the young she won't get any testing done