The Glutenator

Night Sweats

Rate this topic

Just wondering if anyone else gets night sweats. It seems to happen more often after I have been glutenated, and for a few nights I wake up almost soaked. Anyone else experience this on a regular basis or after being glutenated?

Yes I get them too. The doctors blamed it on my very early menopause but they stopped within a month or so of giving up gluten and now happen only if I get glutened or if I eat a very, very large amount of chocolate.

My son gets them really bad if he gets gluten. He soaks the sheets thoroughly, as if a bucket of water were splashed on him. In addition to behavioral symptoms, it's a tell tale sign for us.

Just wondering if anyone else gets night sweats. It seems to happen more often after I have been glutenated, and for a few nights I wake up almost soaked. Anyone else experience this on a regular basis or after being glutenated?

It is possible developing reactive hyperthyroid or hypothyroid as well as hormonal imbalances (most common in women) due to being gluten intolerant/having celiac. It took me some time with research and consulting other doctors in regards to this. My motivation was trying to explain having a hyperthyroid with no link to any disease such as Graves, Addisons etc. In addition to my progesterone and estrogen levels were near to none resulting in post-menopausal levels even though I still got my monthly period although it was very light.. I'm only 28 years old, athletic, 98lbs at 4'11. Who'da thunk!

I get them but I had mononucleosis extremely badly years ago...night sweats were one of my symptoms .... still have the EBV in my system and when I get run down/over tired then I get them