Indiana Joan

My Perspective

Rate this topic

Insightful!! Going to mull this over. You gave me a lot to think about. Thanks :)

I agree with you 100%.

Nice comment. The longer I'm gluten-free, dairy-free, the more I have come to realize these things. I don't think we were meant to consume all the things we do. I have to say that sometimes being gluten-free, dairy-free is no fun, but I've also never been as healthy as I am now. Life is short enough, why spend it stuffing our faces with things that make us miserable and probably aren't good for us anyway?

I agree. Now that I can't consume all the junk I used to eat with my friends, the vast amounts of it are suddenly more visible. Sure, I'm new to the gluten-free diet and and am struggling to bounce back from a glutening by cross-contamination, but I'm not the one hitting Taco Bell or McDonald's between classes and then complaining about not being able to concentrate during a lecture, or drinking can after can of Mountain Dew and still falling asleep on homework papers. Even after a glutening, I'm thinking more clearly than I used to. I always tried to avoid the Pop Tarts, Easy-Mac and whatever-all-else, but when if I was out of snack food and it went on sale I stocked up.

Looking at the price stickers takes a bit of adjusting, but I'm spending about the same amount of money or even less than I did before because I can't give in to random chow stops at an ever-present dollar menu.

Rats additionally pretty much everything since their species grew up feeding off the trash of our species. Because of this similar upbringing they can also experience many of the same dietary issues as us including diabetes and gluten sensitivity.

I fully agree with how absolutely ridiculous it is that we expect all food to be super cheap so we can afford to spend money on a bunch of plastic junk that will be in a landfill in less than 5 years. If industries were paid based on how important their product really is, farmers would be the second richest group of people, right under water treatment engineers. Every molecule that we ingest or imbibe has the potential to become a piece of our body, how is that not more important than the latest piece of italian cloth that we'll give to goodwill as soon as next season's fashions come in?

It's another example of the ever-present cliche, "You get what you pay for."

Sure,but pay no attention to that man behing the curtain