AlysounRI

Hayfever/allergy Meds

Rate this topic

Hello all:

I am either coming down with a cold or having Spring allergy symptoms or both. I usually get a little eye watering and some sneezing but this is a little more annoying. It may be that I am not "detoxing" but it's affecting my life and I need to take some meds to at least alleviate the watery eyes and the sniffling and sneezing.

Can anyone recommend a safe anti-histimine that won't completely knock me out and make me drowsy?

I really have no idea about meds like this but I think I have to do something now to prevent myself from going a bit crazy.

Many thanks, as always,

~Allison

Hello all:

I am either coming down with a cold or having Spring allergy symptoms or both. I usually get a little eye watering and some sneezing but this is a little more annoying. It may be that I am not "detoxing" but it's affecting my life and I need to take some meds to at least alleviate the watery eyes and the sniffling and sneezing.

Can anyone recommend a safe anti-histimine that won't completely knock me out and make me drowsy?

I really have no idea about meds like this but I think I have to do something now to prevent myself from going a bit crazy.

Many thanks, as always,

~Allison

I use Claritin. :)

I use Claritin. :)

Thank you Patti.

I will get to a CVS tonight and pick up a box.

Much appreciated!

~Allison

Last time I checked, Clartin is fine, EXCEPT the reditabs. There is a starch in them that they can not confirm is gluten free from their supplier.

Last time I checked, Clartin is fine, EXCEPT the reditabs. There is a starch in them that they can not confirm is gluten free from their supplier.

I will make a note of that for when I go pick some up tonight.

Thank you very much!

~Allison

All Claritin products are gluten-free, per a rep via phone 4/28/10.

I use Zyrtec- I react to the lactose in Clariton- Booo. But very thankful for Zyrtec- which is gluten free!

I also use Zyrtec. I called to confirm they were gluten-free last month. i take the original 10mg, but they also said the new gel tabs were also gluten-free. I take mine before bed, to avoid getting drowsy. And I am not sure about other, but for me, I need to take it for a week before I get used to it. Those first few days, I am very spacey, but once I get through that week, it is good :)

Hello all:

Many thanks, as always,

~Allison

It's a really bad year for allergies. Seems like the whole world is sniffling and wiping watery eyes lately!! :(

Yep, record year for allergies. I take Zyrtec (gluten free and safe during pregnancy), and it tends to help, but I've had worse allergy problems in the past and want to encourage you to try other options (like claritin, prescription nasal sprays, and even benadryl) that have their time and place (the nasal sprays and benadryl I use separately, when specifically warranted. Of course, learning when that is for YOU is a matter of trial and error that I can't really help with. :/ )

Yep, record year for allergies.

It does seem that way!!

I ended up with tylenol allergy and it kind of does the trick, so far, though it makes me very sleepy.

I've done well so far and I am going to stop taking them until I need them again.

Thanks for the reply, Tarnalberry.

̃̃̃̃Allison