BethM55

I Had To Chuckle About Tthis...

Rate this topic

:lol: I realized yesterday that I've been gluten free for **only** 4 months. In my mind it's been that plus one year. I don't know why I've thought that, other than I've been so focused on this topic. Only 4 months. No wonder I don't have it down 100% yet! Sort of feels like a lifetime... :rolleyes:

I can relate to this. My 1st year anniversary is in a couple of weeks. Sometimes I feel like I *just* got diagnosed, and sometimes I feel like I've been doing this forever. It's really weird.

Most of the time, I feel like I've always been g.f., and it's only been a bit over a month and a half for me! But then there are other times where I almost forget for a moment that gluten is poison for me...like the last couple of times I stopped just short of grabbing hubby's open bottle of beer and helping myself! :ph34r:

Most of the time, I feel like I've always been g.f., and it's only been a bit over a month and a half for me! But then there are other times where I almost forget for a moment that gluten is poison for me...like the last couple of times I stopped just short of grabbing hubby's open bottle of beer and helping myself! :ph34r:

Yep. I'm just over four months in. Husband is a homebrewer (has his own separate brewing supplies). I still have to remind myself to stay away from his yummy beers. Happily, I like wine, mead, and Redbridge.

I was reading that the home brewer can make g.f. beers, simply by using sorghum malt and grains like millet, quinoa, etc. I have some home brew books and was going to try it...but I'm starting a low-carb diet so I won't be drinking g.f. beer or anything else for awhile! :(