The Glutenator

Glutenated - Is Imodium The Answer?

Rate this topic

I am just wondering if taking imodium is a good idea after being glutenated. It would sure help with the frequent bathroom trips, but it would also keep gluten in my system for longer. Any one tired it, or have alternative ways to manage the side effects of glutenation?

I am just wondering if taking imodium is a good idea after being glutenated. It would sure help with the frequent bathroom trips, but it would also keep gluten in my system for longer. Any one tired it, or have alternative ways to manage the side effects of glutenation?

I use Immodium. The way it works is to slow the transit of food through the system--the gluten starts the reaction which sets off the uncomfortable symptoms and Immodium (or anything else, really) won't affect that once it's started.

I usually go with the Imodium multi symptom stuff that also helps with the other aspects without any problems. I also push the fluids like there was no tommorow.

There is another post on here about using a laxative to get the gluten out faster. I am thinking imodium is a more logical solution, though.