The Fluffy Assassin

Has Anyone Tried Bonefish Grill's Wild Shrimp Pad Thai?

Rate this topic

It isn't on the gluten-free menu, or at least the one online, presumably because it's a temporary item. However, pad thai should be inherently gluten-free, and Bonefish Grill is a pretty good outfit. Any thoughts, observations or preferably experiences with this dish?

It isn't on the gluten-free menu, or at least the one online, presumably because it's a temporary item. However, pad thai should be inherently gluten-free, and Bonefish Grill is a pretty good outfit. Any thoughts, observations or preferably experiences with this dish?

I don't have experience with that dish but I did try to go off the gluten-free menue and order one of the specials-kobe beef burger(modified of course) and I learned why it wasn't, or their reg. burger, marked gluten-free(telling us to order w/out bun). They told me they toast the buns on the same place they grill the burgers, do "clean" the area, but it was not recommened that I order it and I wouldn't risk it.

In Charlotte the pad thai is not on the menu-I wish it was. I always have a good meal at Bonefish. Usually the fish of the day, ceasar salad (ask for clean bowl), and of course the ice cream brownie!

i didn't try the thai but i've eaten there a few times and did not have any problems afterward. :)

I broke down and called. Unfortunately, they use rice noodles with wheat in them. A rare bonehead move from Bonefish Grill. So, no, Bonefish Grill's wild shrimp pad thai isn't gluten free. Bummerino.

I broke down and called. Unfortunately, they use rice noodles with wheat in them. A rare bonehead move from Bonefish Grill. So, no, Bonefish Grill's wild shrimp pad thai isn't gluten free. Bummerino.

Probably a calculated move, not a boneheaded one. For the most part, Americans like their noodles with wheat, even in Asian dishes that shouldn't have it. I've even been to places that put soy sauce with wheat in Pad Thai to cater to American "tastes."

I was just at Bonefish this past weekend and was told that the Pad Thai is not gluten free as they use soy sauce in the sauce. I was very disappointed.