TAMI2382

Almost Glutened At A Restaurant

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to being gluten free and to this forum. I self diagnosed myself about 2 month. I was dismissed by my primary care doctor. My GI doctor ran some test but they all came back normal. I'm going for an endoscopy at the end of the month (which I am really nervous about). My conclusion has been that even if I'm not gluten intolerent, I have never felt so good in my life (not perfect but so much better)! And I lost 15 pounds!

Anyway, recently I ordered some gluten free lunch from PF Changs. I was very specific about my needs. It's about a 10 minute walk to there from where I work. When I got back to my desk and opened my food something made me question it before I ate it. I checked my reciept and it did not say gluten free. I called PF Changs and sure enough my meal was not gluten free. They told me they would make me another one but I didn't want to walk all the way back over there and at that point I didn't trust them.

Has this happened to anyone? When you're about to eat something and all of a sudden you think somethings wrongs? Sometimes I think I'm over cautious but I guess I have to be! It's like having a sixth sense!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to being gluten free and to this forum. I self diagnosed myself about 2 month. I was dismissed by my primary care doctor. My GI doctor ran some test but they all came back normal. I'm going for an endoscopy at the end of the month (which I am really nervous about). My conclusion has been that even if I'm not gluten intolerent, I have never felt so good in my life (not perfect but so much better)! And I lost 15 pounds!

Anyway, recently I ordered some gluten free lunch from PF Changs. I was very specific about my needs. It's about a 10 minute walk to there from where I work. When I got back to my desk and opened my food something made me question it before I ate it. I checked my reciept and it did not say gluten free. I called PF Changs and sure enough my meal was not gluten free. They told me they would make me another one but I didn't want to walk all the way back over there and at that point I didn't trust them.

Has this happened to anyone? When you're about to eat something and all of a sudden you think somethings wrongs? Sometimes I think I'm over cautious but I guess I have to be! It's like having a sixth sense!

Thanks!

I just posted last week about the great experience I had at PF Changs. And YES! I have had that feeling, outta nowhere - must be Angels!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

I have eaten there 4x and got sick once, so there must have been some confusion. The one time I got sick was when my sister ordered it for me.

Other than that I've been fine. I do that too, sometimes there's just that feeling something isn't right!

Don't hesitate to try PFChangs again! We love PFChangs and when we travel, we are very happy when we find out if the city we are staying in has one. We have eated at PFChangs in 5 different states and have always had a good experience! Good luck with the new gluten free diet!

I've had nothing but good luck with PF Changs both in the restaurant and take-out. No matter, though, I always double check with take-out and make sure the food comes on a round plate when dining in. Anyone can make a mistake ;)

Glad you caught it!

I went to a restaurant a few years ago and they were happy to tell me that another server had celiac so she came over and told me all the things I could eat on the menu. My dinner came w/ a dessert of rice pudding... and just as I was about to put the first spoonful into my mouth, this celiac server HAPPENED by, saw me, and nearly knocked the spoon out of my hand!! Came to find out that their rice pudding IS NOT rice, but orzo pasta!!

First and last time I ate there!!

I've had nothing but good luck with PF Changs both in the restaurant and take-out. No matter, though, I always double check with take-out and make sure the food comes on a round plate when dining in. Anyone can make a mistake ;)

Glad you caught it!

Hey Patti! What do you mean it was on a round plate? Is that a PF Changs thing? When I had it, it was carry out. but I'm going to have my birthday dinner there, so trying to find out everything I can LOL!~

Glad you caught it!

Hey Patti! What do you mean it was on a round plate? Is that a PF Changs thing? When I had it, it was carry out. but I'm going to have my birthday dinner there, so trying to find out everything I can LOL!~

Inside the restaurant, regular meals are served on plain white rectangular plates. Gluten free meals come on a round plate with the Chang's logo around the edge. :D

Takeout is packaged the same, whether gluten-free or not.