Rate this topic

Because so many people are having trouble with nausea and dramamine worked so well for me in the past when I had trouble (because of cysts rupturing & other fun stuff) I wrote to them to find out if it's gluten free.

Here's their response:

(Warning: It isn't pretty!)

Dear Michelle:

Thank you for your interest in Dramamine. We do not specifically test for the presence of gluten in our products. Therefore, we cannot certify them to be gluten free. While I can tell you that there are no gluten-containing grains in this product, I cannot guarantee that cross-contamination with gluten did not occur in the manufacturing process.

If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact us toll free at 1-800-223-0182 (U.S.) or 1-800-661-4659 (Canada). We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also visit us online at www.prodhelp.com.

Heather

Consumer Affairs Department

Pfizer Consumer Healthcare

On May 29 2005 at 3:24:00 EDT ... wrote:

> Brand - DRAMAMINE

> Could you please tell me if dramamine has any gluten in it? I am contacting you because I have celiac disease and a severe gluten intolerance. Are there any ingredients in dramamine that contain any derivative of wheat, barely, rye, or oats? Please let me know.

>

> Thank you, Michelle

>

> p.s. If it is possible to send me a list of Pfizers other gluten-free drugs, that would be highly appreciated!

>

And they obviously never sent me a list of gluten free products because they can't guarantee schmack! :angry: Those HOSERS!! :angry:

Oh well, try Ginger Wonder Syrup from New Chapter ( http://www.new-chapter.com/product/Action....D=32838&-search ) - that's pretty good stuff - especially when you can't wait for a pill to work! Take it straight from the spoon.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!

- Michelle :wub:

YES! Ginger is pretty amazing stuff! But you have to get quality ginger or else it doesn't do much. I've had great results with New Chapter ginger supplements - particularly the Gingiforce Ginger Extract. It's been enormously helpful for me with gas & those other fun things. If I have it - I always be sure to take it if I'll be eating beans! :P

The gingiforce stuff is pricey though - if you get it, be sure to buy it online or on sale. I buy my vitamins from webvitamins.com or vitacost.com or smartbomb.com - depending on who has the best price ;) I love vitamins but they aren't cheap!

Here are some links:

Regarding ginger & nausea: http://www.Lame Advertisement/p/search?qt=gi...&tb=art&qf=free

Regarding ginger in general: http://www.Lame Advertisement/p/articles/mi_...225/ai_18230840

I think the ginger syrup is especially good for nausea because it's in you instantly - no need to wait for a pill to work. Plus - a little bottle is only about $8 and tastes yummy!! (Quality investment ;))

Good luck!!

Thankyou for the information!

On 6/2/2005 at 1:50 AM, bean said:

Because so many people are having trouble with nausea and dramamine worked so well for me in the past when I had trouble (because of cysts rupturing & other fun stuff) I wrote to them to find out if it's gluten free.

Here's their response:

(Warning: It isn't pretty!)

Dear Michelle:

Thank you for your interest in Dramamine. We do not specifically test for the presence of gluten in our products. Therefore, we cannot certify them to be gluten free. While I can tell you that there are no gluten-containing grains in this product, I cannot guarantee that cross-contamination with gluten did not occur in the manufacturing process.

If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact us toll free at 1-800-223-0182 (U.S.) or 1-800-661-4659 (Canada). We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also visit us online at www.prodhelp.com.

Heather

Consumer Affairs Department

Pfizer Consumer Healthcare

On May 29 2005 at 3:24:00 EDT ... wrote:

> Brand - DRAMAMINE

> Could you please tell me if dramamine has any gluten in it? I am contacting you because I have celiac disease and a severe gluten intolerance. Are there any ingredients in dramamine that contain any derivative of wheat, barely, rye, or oats? Please let me know.

>

> Thank you, Michelle

>

> p.s. If it is possible to send me a list of Pfizers other gluten-free drugs, that would be highly appreciated!

>

And they obviously never sent me a list of gluten free products because they can't guarantee schmack! :angry: Those HOSERS!! :angry:

Oh well, try Ginger Wonder Syrup from New Chapter ( http://www.new-chapter.com/product/Action....D=32838&-search ) - that's pretty good stuff - especially when you can't wait for a pill to work! Take it straight from the spoon.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!