Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksymonds84

Youngest Daughter Diagnosed

My youngest daughter who is 19 was diagnosed last week with gluten intolerance...she refuses to be scoped but with my diagnoses and genes, I am not asking her too. Anyway she came home last night with a huge hive on her cheek and I said, "what did you eat?" She told me that she went to pizza hut with her boyfriends family because it was his moms birthday. She ate a salad thinking it would be okay. Well the boyfriends mom comes over and holds a peice of pizza over my daughters plate and scoops off the toppings saying you can eat this. My daughter then, not wanting to hurt her feelings (and the toppings looked wonderful) went ahead and ate it! I only have her home a couple more weeks until she heads back to college, I feel like we have a TON of stuff to cover before she leaves!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yea you do have a lot to cover. She needs to make her health more important than being 'nice and polite'. I hope she doesn't get to awful sick. You may want to have her visit us here also. Sometimes hearing things from others goes over better than hearing stuff from Mom. I know with my own young adults I don't know anything. :D

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

wow that is so hard! I am 23 and it would be impossible to deal with people if I wasn't outspoken and loud. I honestly couldn't imagine being 19 and fresh into college AND having to deal with celiac. I am sending her good vibes and wishing her the best. She'll learn to be more assertive, it just takes time :)

Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.