Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norahsmommy

Mainstream Snacks

cheetos

potato chips

corn type snacks, which are gluten free? I am having trouble finding out. Some things I read lables online or on the bag and it says they have been made on the same lines as gluten foods but they are washed between production cycles. Which products are ok that don't cost a ton? And if anyone shops at aldi's which of their products are gluten-free? Yogurt, snacks, sauces, summer sausage, lunch meats.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

cheetos

potato chips

corn type snacks, which are gluten free? I am having trouble finding out. Some things I read lables online or on the bag and it says they have been made on the same lines as gluten foods but they are washed between production cycles. Which products are ok that don't cost a ton? And if anyone shops at aldi's which of their products are gluten-free? Yogurt, snacks, sauces, summer sausage, lunch meats.

Potato Chips - Lays Stax, labeled gluten free, several flavors. Piknik potato sticks are labeled gluten free and are really good too.

Mission corn chips, dedicated equipment, very strict allergen controls.

Yogurt - Yoplait are labeled gluten free as well as Go-Gurt tubes labeled gluten free as well.

Hormel Naturals lunch meats are all labeled gluten free as well as the pepperoni and canadian bacon. Hormel has a huge website of all of the gluten free products.

As far as snacks go, I stick with Stax and Mission chips, Popcorn made at home is good too. Jello pudding and gelatin, you can make rice chex treats using rice chex and kraft jet puffed marshmallows.

What kind of sauces are you looking for?

I talked to Kroger customer service. They said their Carbmaster yogurt is gluten-free. The have a ton of flavors, mostly very good.

Potato Chips - Lays Stax, labeled gluten free, several flavors. Piknik potato sticks are labeled gluten free and are really good too.

Mission corn chips, dedicated equipment, very strict allergen controls.

Yogurt - Yoplait are labeled gluten free as well as Go-Gurt tubes labeled gluten free as well.

Hormel Naturals lunch meats are all labeled gluten free as well as the pepperoni and canadian bacon. Hormel has a huge website of all of the gluten free products.

As far as snacks go, I stick with Stax and Mission chips, Popcorn made at home is good too. Jello pudding and gelatin, you can make rice chex treats using rice chex and kraft jet puffed marshmallows.

What kind of sauces are you looking for?

spaghetti sauce, marinara, pesto's and cheese sauces. I was just trying to figure out which ones I can use. I LOVE bertoli basil pesto but from my research I found it is NOT gluten-free. bummer.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

This is a good website also-

http://liveglutenfreely.com/

snacks -

Pudding cups

Betty Crocker fruit snacks

Stretch Island Fruit leather

Cliff Kids fruit twists

Kind bars

Lara bars

Boulder potato chips

A lot of microwave popcorn

Pirate's Booty

Crunch N Munch carmel corn

Homemade PB cookies - the kind made without any flour are cheap and easy

T Marzetti carmel dip and apples

T Marzetti ranch dip and anything you like dipped

Lunch meat - Hormel and Boar's Head

Old Wisconsin beef bites are labeled gluten-free.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I have yet to find an Old Wisconsin product that wasn't also labeled gluten-free. Same with Yoplait Yogurts (even all of their new products) Lays are pretty good at labeling ingrediants. I've yet to have a problem with any of their chips. Kettle Chips are also usually not a problem, though I don't eat many of the flavors, so you might have to check them.