cahill

Can Anyone Suggest A Doctor In Northwestern Pa.?

Rate this topic

I live in Northwestern Pa. I am close to Jamestown NY. and Erie PA ..

Can anyone recommend a doctor in my area??

Some knowledge of celiacs would be preferable :P

I don't know of any doctor in that area, but I would recommend either going to Erie, Pittsburgh or Buffalo. I would think those larger cities would have a better selection. I basically posted to say welcome and tell you that I'm from around that area too. I haven't lived there since 1995 but grew up there and vist family several times a year. I lived in Warren County, so hello from a fellow NW PA person.

I don't know of any doctor in that area, but I would recommend either going to Erie, Pittsburgh or Buffalo. I would think those larger cities would have a better selection. I basically posted to say welcome and tell you that I'm from around that area too. I haven't lived there since 1995 but grew up there and vist family several times a year. I lived in Warren County, so hello from a fellow NW PA person.

Thanks for the welcome Roda :D

I am actually in Warren county ,,being from this area, I know you understand my need for a doctor that has even a bit of knowledge about celiacs. :unsure: I am going to try to get a referral to either Pittsburgh or Erie.

Yeah, I understand. I did live back in Tidioute from May 2002 to Aug. 2003. I was living on my parents farm for that 15 months. I worked at WGH and my husband and I couldn't make ends meat there so we moved back south. My parents and brother are still there. Definately go outside Warren County to find a doctor. I have little faith in anyone around there that would know much about celiac. My neice was having some issues and went to someone there and she mentioned to them that her aunt had celiac and wanted tested. The response she got from the NP or PA was "did she get over it?" Also my parent's doctor I don't like, down plays the seriousness of celiac and is a pompus jerk. I really feel my dad is celiac as well as my brother. But that's a whole nother subject. Who knows we may know each other or know some of the same people. Warren is not that big. If you want to chat more you can pm me. I would love to talk to you!